How to open the chest protected by 4 insignias?

+
How to open the chest protected by 4 insignias?

Part III

Neither the guide included with the game or the Wikia site seem to indicate the correct order for triggering the insignias, what is the correct order? I've been trying it for a while and there must be just one combination I keep skipping over D:

Edit: nevermind, it IS on the Wikia.

I thought guessing the right answers to the rune wards in Loc Muinne was a FANTASTIC part of the game. It's up to you whether you look up the answers or not, but be aware that in a game of this nature, thare are many rewarding things beside combat.

They're not that hard, just buy the books to know what they mean and then follow the order in the riddles.

I still vote for not looking up the answer and trying to guess until your head hurts. Gotta love that feeling ;)

Anyway, the student mage girl whom you met in Vergen (or not) and who also works as hair stylist can sell you the four rune books you need to decipher the riddles. They should be pretty cheap by that point in the game.

Or try your luck, it's only 4*3*2*1 = 24 permutations. Use Quen to absorb the damage if you fail.

You did read the riddle book inside all these rooms, right? It may be easy to miss, since it's on a slim pedestal. The riddle suggests the order in which to deactivate the runes.

secondchildren said:
Read the game guide too.
I had a glance at it, didn' see anything that looked related. Didn't realize it was part of the Golem Statue quest as you can complete that quest before accepting it.

volsung84 said:
I thought guessing the right answers to the rune wards in Loc Muinne was a FANTASTIC part of the game. It's up to you whether you look up the answers or not, but be aware that in a game of this nature, thare are many rewarding things beside combat.

They're not that hard, just buy the books to know what they mean and then follow the order in the riddles.

I found this too frustrating , only for the very patient.Shortage of orens also a problem.[to buy the tomes]There are more important items to upgrade like armour and sword. You wil surely find this when fighting the Nilguardian army.
No, the walkthrough is the best bet, just be careful to follow steps 1+2 carefully.

nordicious said:
I found this too frustrating , only for the very patient.Shortage of orens also a problem.[to buy the tomes]There are more important items to upgrade like armour and sword. You wil surely find this when fighting the Nilguardian army.
No, the walkthrough is the best bet, just be careful to follow steps 1+2 carefully.

Well that's your choice, but this is a role-playing game with many interesting things to do beside fighting, I still think you're missing out if you look up the answers. You are right, deciphering the runes is for the patient; this applies to all real RPG's.

Shortage of orens should *not* be a problem. If anything, you should have more money than you will ever use, specially in Act 3. If that still worries you, you might do it the cheap way and buy the books, read them, and then reload a saved game before you bought the books.

I suppose it's good that you are enjoying the game nonetheless, but if you only go for the action and ignore all these brainy elements in the game, you will indeed be missing out on a big portion of it. Just like playing through the game without reading and enjoying the journal :)

Personally i am stuck on that quest too. I just want to finish the game and follow the plot and am not too bothered with solving puzzles and crap along the way. I figured everything out in the game that I have accessed so far without using the guide but this one is stumping me and I even stopped playing the game cause of this quest. It's been nearly 2 months since I last played Witcher 2! I will look at the guide and try it out. Thanks for that suggestion.

digitalrurouni said:
Personally i am stuck on that quest too. I just want to finish the game and follow the plot and am not too bothered with solving puzzles and crap along the way. I figured everything out in the game that I have accessed so far without using the guide but this one is stumping me and I even stopped playing the game cause of this quest. It's been nearly 2 months since I last played Witcher 2! I will look at the guide and try it out. Thanks for that suggestion.

Also check the wiki, it basically tells you exactly what to do.

Ah, those rune books the Ban Aard guy or w/e he is called were selling were for that quest. I thought they were about unneeded information for sword runes and never bought them and I couldn't make anything of the texts with clues in those rune dungeons naturally. After trying many times in different rooms, I gave up and after that ignored the quest. The story was pressing. I needed to learn what happened next quick :) Next time I'll do it. I hope the rewards are worth it. Don't spoil it please

Top Bottom