A really important question we should be asking ourselves regarding paid sex...

+
Lisbeth_Salander;n8387700 said:
No one's gonna say it, so I'm gonna say it. There should be interactive sex in CyberPunk 2077. I'm not saying cutscene level of interactive, I'm looking foward to having a new level of gameplay: sex gameplay.

You mean something as exciting like "repeatedly tap X to fuck, or figure out a combo to get something... *else*"? Hah, Yeah, no thanks. It's all pouring out with all that social justice weirdness and studios like Bioware, but let's try to have some standards here still, shall we. :D

Suhiira;n8389110 said:
Nope.

No need or purpose for it other then to titillate adolescents.
And these days they can access the real thing via the net ... so why include something that will offend/annoy 50% of their target audience to cater to 10%?

First off given the maturity of a cyberpunk setting i really don't think is fitting for adolescent... Is a dark gritty low life world.. we have drug dealers,organ dealers,prostitute they want to follow the cyberpunk spirit then they really have to don't censor this thematics...

Sex is part of cyberpunk equally as drugs and gritty violence...

Now interactive sex i think is too much but have scenes in full nudity aka witcher 2 will be perfectly reasonable for me....

Don't see this as a personal critic i am talking in general..

But for the people screaming "Think about the childrens!" i tell to go and walk away...

Those are the same people that finds acceptable see gore everywhere decapitations people burned alive and tortured but when they say a pair of boobs they scream scandal!

And i think those people should not even have the right to criticize the creativity of others...

Last thing i want is a Morally Correct Justice Warriors Friendly Cyberpunk Game

Mebrilia;n8451940 said:
And i think those people should not even have the right to criticize the creativity of others...

Well, around here, they do, if they are polite and constructive about it. Just like you do.

It's not freedom of speech, but it is a shot at being even-handed.

kofeiiniturpa;n8397570 said:
You mean something as exciting like "repeatedly tap X to fuck, or figure out a combo to get something... *else*"? Hah, Yeah, no thanks. It's all pouring out with all that social justice weirdness and studios like Bioware, but let's try to have some standards here still, shall we. :D

That's not a bad idea, actually...timing and rhythm, makes sense.
For old school rpg players, they could replace it with % chance instant success or failure based on standard char building. :p

Zagor-Te-Nay;n8453450 said:
For old school rpg players, they could replace it with % chance instant success or failure based on standard char building. :p
Fallout 2 has sex rating formula...

Does CP2020 by any chance? I know it's hard to compare a cRPG and a PnP, but still...

I think it will be more or less like in Witcher, they will be in the game, but not much resources will be spent on this aspect, so I would not expect it to be particularly interesting.

I'm all for sex & prostitutes as optional pursuits in the game, they're part of the setting. CP77 is prolly a rated M game anyway.

I wouldn't mind if there was less of a focus on it than W3. That game's setting was too gorgeous not to share with my younger brother, but I always felt a bit apprehensive because the first 5 seconds alone had bare yen ass. We just skipped that bit and stayed outta cities.

Turning off nudity would detract from realism, but a bit of natural warning or clues to steer away from naughty bits when necessary is nice. Conversations did that well enough in W3 I think.

You mean something as exciting like "repeatedly tap X to fuck, or figure out a combo to get something... *else*"? Hah, Yeah, no thanks. It's all pouring out with all that social justice weirdness and studios like Bioware, but let's try to have some standards here still, shall we.
Wait, there was a Kofei's comment? Alright, a little late to the party.
Literally no difference from this,as both do the same math, err... Task:

Only one mental activity substitued with another, more RPG-akin. With this you probably shouldn't have any problems if you're not an RPG sex prude.

I've no qualms with a fade-to-black plus "performance" die roll, actually (that's the abstract of the character doing his best of what you told him to -- nothing more is necessary to make it understood what happens). Nor nudity in an of itself. There is a context -.artistic or otherwise - where this stuff has its place. What I do have qualms with is pretentious and forced minigames and cutscenes that only serve to make playing the game unintentionally awkward and to arouse teenage basementdwellers. Games are not movies, leave that shit out or to minimum. If it's a hands-on sex game that's wanted like those old C64 state of the art "guide the dick to one of the moving holes to get points"-games which kids played and giggled at in secret back then... make a separate one for people who want that. But yeah, that's kind of my opinion on this. Leave the pretentious and overly wacky stuff to a bare minimum, if not out completely.

metalmaniac21;n8453500 said:
Fallout 2 has sex rating formula...

Does CP2020 by any chance? I know it's hard to compare a cRPG and a PnP, but still...

The original Fallout games actually worked on PnP style mechanics for pretty much everything. So really if it worked there, it would work here.

AdamTaylor;n8480960 said:
The original Fallout games actually worked on PnP style mechanics for pretty much everything. So really if it worked there, it would work here.
So did the Baldurs Gate series and Bloodlines, both are widely renown as a PC RPGs.

Well, I think I covered my opinion and why pretty well in my post on the idea about an AO rating, so I shall just link it here:

"repeatedly tap X to fuck, or figure out a combo to get something... *else*"

This thread was created just to make this joke. I'm very happy now.

Thanks a lot guys, it has been a fun ride.

Virtual Reality isn't quite there yet, so I don't really care. I might change my tune in about fifteen years when VR has advanced to the point where sex in video games are more exciting than the real world thing.

Last edited:
It's been possible to pay for sex in the real world since there was something to trade. It's not called "the oldest profession" for no reason. It's possible right now, and it will, most likely, always be possible. It's also a thing that exists in 2020, although I'm sure (I can't remember off the cuff) the rulebook/corebooks do not go into detail regarding it, as far as pricing and so on goes. Still, 2020 is an RPG, and rules only exist as a tool.

As such, the world of 2077 would most likely, obviously, have prostitution. Now, should the PC/console game have it, and should the player be able to partake in it...well, the question is why not. Why shouldn't there be prostitution, and why shouldn't it be available to the player. If the answer to that question is that prostitution is somehow a "bad thing", then we're getting into a political discussion about something that not all people are opposed to, at all. Quite a few people, myself included, think that people should be free to sell sex, if that's what they want to do. Sex-slavery and the worst forms of pimping (abuse, threats, extortion and so on), of course, are something that comes with the territory, and should be fought against.

Still, it's a thing that exists. I see no legitimate reason existing to make the decision not to have it in the game. Having said that, there should be a fitting reason to have it, and it should be made so that it fits the lore of Night City.

Top Bottom