Two monitors

+
Two monitors

I use two monitors and when I'm playing, my mouse will constantly go on my second monitor and minimize the game for me. I can't really play at all unless I disable my second monitor.

I have the same problem. Had to disable the second monitor.
It doesn't matter if the game is windowed or maximised, the cursor will go out of the window's bounds... very bothersome.

It is possible. I play with a dual-monitor setup, with the game windowed on one monitor. The mouse cursor is bound to the window while playing. I need to alt-tab to change focus away from the game.

I was also totally frustrated by this when I first got the game. I found instructions somewhere on the web, but can't remember where.

It's a while since I changed it, but I'm fairly sure this is the relevant instruction:

Set up your game as windowed in the configuration, with whatever framesize you want, then

In the User.ini in your games folder (My Documents\Witcher 2 or whatever), under the Rendering section there should be a line

Fullscreen=0

Manually change this to Fullscreen=1

Hope that helps. If I am misremembering, it's worth looking further for a fix, as it is definitely possible.

I'll give it a try as soon as I'm able to connect my 2nd monitor again. At the moment I'm short of a cable and can't connect it to my new ups (the old one died).

Anyway, are you sure that's all? What difference could there be in setting Fullscreen=1 manually in the .ini instead of setting it in the configuration tool?

This thread was from more than two years ago, and I haven't seen any reports of the problem since. I'm not sure if the info given at The Nexus is still available/accurate, so I suggest you start a new thread here giving details of your setup and what you've already tried.

Top Bottom