New Adventure?

+
New Adventure?

What are the new adventures? I beat the game and was wondering what these are? Are they dlc or can I just go into witcher 2 without playing them?

Also do I need to keep witcher 1 folder installed to import my save onto witcher 2 or can I uninstall the game?

Do you mean Side Effects and The Price of Neutrality? These are bonus missions but don't have any impact on the overall story so you don't need to play them to understand Witcher 2.

As for the saves, they are stored in the documents folder. If you keep the saves there then Witcher 2 will find them, regardless of whether Witcher 1 is installed or not.

WardDragon said:
Do you mean Side Effects and The Price of Neutrality? These are bonus missions but don't have any impact on the overall story so you don't need to play them to understand Witcher 2.

As for the saves, they are stored in the documents folder. If you keep the saves there then Witcher 2 will find them, regardless of whether Witcher 1 is installed or not.

what are these bonus missions about?? like add-on dlc? Or like witcher 2 arena mode just random battles or random small quests?

@Evilbunz
If you have The Witcher 1 Enhanced Edition, at least on Steam and on GoG you get like seven extra adventures if I'm not mistaken. They are NOT from the main story and do NOT take part of it. If you want to play those extra adventures, you have to go to de main menu, choose New Adventures and play one of the new stories.

By the way, five of them (Damn those swamps!, Deceits, Wraith of quiet hamlets, The Wedding and Merry Witchmas) are community mods, two of them (Side Effects and Price of Neutrality) are free DLC from CDProjekt RED I think.

Concerning the save issue: I think the only thing you need is to keep all the saves you want inside the folders in My Documents. The Witcher 2 only recognise saves from there, but I don't know if you have to keep The Witcher 1. I guess not, it wouldn't make much sense XD

Purpleknight said:
@Evilbunz
If you have The Witcher 1 Enhanced Edition, at least on Steam and on GoG you get like seven extra adventures if I'm not mistaken.
If you have the latest patches for TW1, no matter which edition you have, you should have gotten these adventures.

Purpleknight said:
By the way, five of them (Damn those swamps!, Deceits, Wraith of quiet hamlets, The Wedding and Merry Witchmas) are community mods, two of them (Side Effects and Price of Neutrality) are free DLC from CDProjekt RED I think.
This is correct. "The Price of Neutrality" and "Side Effects" are CDPR-made mini-adventures. They take 2 - 3 hours to play and are voice-acted. The community adventures aren't voice acted. The community adventures are from a fairly early stage of community adventure development, and I think most of them were updated after the patch that included them was released, so if you decide to play them, it might be worth your while to look for updated versions.

Purpleknight said:
Concerning the save issue: I think the only thing you need is to keep all the saves you want inside the folders in My Documents.
Also, TW2 only imports saves from Ice Plains or Order of the Flaming Rose, so you don't need to keep ALL of your saves, only the ones from the very end of the game.

lxlShaDoWlxl said:
I have The Witcher EE Retail version but i can't find these new adventures in the menu, what do i have to do to play?

Click the launcher and once you get to the new/load game screen click new game and the adventures should be on the right side of the screen .

Top Bottom