[General] Triss and Geralt or Shani

+
[General] Triss and Geralt or Shani

Why doesnt story end that geralt and triss were thogether in the end or shani and geralt ???. This angers me the most in this game :'(

that's basically staying true to the witcher books :peace: ... in the books, Geralt has one true love, Yennefer (Triss is also a character in the books, as is Shani, but neither of them can hold a candle to Yennefer in Geralt's eyes)so you could view it in a couple of different ways:Either Geralt, despite his amnesia, still has some nagging doubts about this sorceress he suspects he loved once (obviously Yennefer, even if he doesn't actually remember her) ... so he decides to keep moving (another witcher constant)or, CDPR plans to revisit this in later games :D ... after all, at the end of TW, we are left with many questions and just slapping a happy love match on top of that would have seemed a bit 'trumped up' to me ... but that's just one opinion :peace:

I always thought that triss is hidding the truth abouth the geralts love of his life that thast the reason that she doesnt want to return his memory. Like in Act III that triss is talking to a girl in the mirror. Yea im going to read the book and watch the film oltought the film is very different thatn the book. Thx anway for explining to me. :D

i highly recommend reading the books ... they are wonderful. But depending on your native language (and the number of other languages you are able to read) not all the books have been translated to English (or French, or German ...)in English, you can read: The Last Wish (the first collection of witcher short stories) and Blood of Elves (the first book of the witcher saga proper). The next book in the saga (there are 5) is due out in english in 2010in French, they have translated: The Last Wish (le Dernier Voeu), The Sword of Destiny (L'Épée de la providence - the second collection of Witcher short stories), Blood of Elves (Sang des Elfes) and the third novel "Czas Pogardy" (Le Temps du mépris / Times of Contempt). Not sure when the next book is due out.the Germans are publishing the 3rd novel (Baptism of Fire) this fall (if you read german) ... and i just heard that in Spanish, the last book has finally been translated, so the whole saga is available. If you read any slavic languages, the entire saga has been translated into several eastern european languages already and i believe also in Russian ... and of course if you read Polish, your are golden :Dcheers!Edit: I just peaked at your profile, and here is a link which might be helpful: http://sk.zaklinac.wikia.com/wiki/Hlavn%C3%A1_str%C3%A1nka -- there isn't much there right now, but it links to the English wiki (and all the other language witcher wikis) -- the most complete are the Polish, English and German wikis ... but the rest also have some good information, and of course, they can all use some editing help! :wave:

There are more book i thought there is only one! well thats great yea i would read this book in english but if there will be a translate in slovene why not.:D o yea which is the first book and whic the second, third i hope you understand what i mean:D

But still why dont they mention yennifer? And if they dont triss and geralt should go thogether and it says that they have a relationship.Thats still not fair they should make the witcher 2 if they want that the other players would understand. I dont get it is yennifer alive or dead? If she is triss+geralt if she is alive than witcher 2 and they should show her! :mad:

Part of the problem is that he /does/ have feelings and he cares too much sometimes -- this gets him into trouble more often than not.Geralt knows that trouble follows him around, so he doesn't really want to settle with one person because he is convinced that would only bring trouble and heartache for /them/ ... not himself. He's actually quite a selfless guy, but he's also practical / pragmatic.Also, one of the great things about Sapkowski's characters is that they all exhibit human frailties. Regardless of their race in the novels, all the characters demonstrate aspects of everyday human behaviour: good, bad or indifferent. The heros are not all perfect -- far from it; and the villains are not /only/ evil ... they also have some interesting and occasionally good aspects.in the novels ... Spoiler alert:
Both Yennefer and Geralt are dead at the end (or at least there is serious question as to how / where they are when the saga ends). Geralt is killed by a mob of rioting peasants and a vicious pitchfork stab to the stomach, and Yennefer dies trying to save him ... pushing herself beyond all limits to use whatever magic she can in that effort. Of course, something else happens after that which does leave a /tiny/ bit of wiggle room in the theories about whether or not those two are in fact dead or alive, but nothing is definite.In the game, the action takes place after that (nearly) last scene in the novels. So based on the novels, the last anyone heard was that BOTH Geralt and Yennefer are dead. That's why everyone is so shocked to see Geralt up and around.Now some people have complained about this exact fact, saying that it's silly to resurrect Geralt ... so i imagine those people would be even more peeved to see both of them resurrected :D However, CDPR had to start somewhere, and using /the/ hero from the books made the most sense. anyway, staying reasonably true to the books was their intent (i think!)
reading the books definitely helps contextualize a lot of the choices which might seem odd to someone who had not read them. Many of the same things occurred to me before i read some of the books (i haven't read them all because they have not all been translated into languages i can read).I have never read Song of Fire and Ice, so i can't really say. All i can tell you is that Sapkowski loves to take traditional fairy tales and folklore and turn it on its head, so in the Witcher novels (especially the first 2 books of short stories) you find many, many allusions to fairy tales that you likely grew up hearing, but with that unique Sapkowski twist. The novels also do not shy away from natural human activities like sex.oh, and Geralt is not the /only/ hero :D ... Ciri is a very major character as well :peace:

Yes, Geralt is a person off the beaten track when it comes to have a wife and family. I haven't read all novels either because they aren't all translated into my language but I know so far… he is a restless man and doesn't like to settle down. He knows a lot of women but never felt so much for a woman like Yennefer. I'm not sure, he is about 80 years old and I never noticed he mentioned he had the same feelings for an other woman before. He has to learn how to care for this new kind of relastionship. Though Geralt and Yennefer met the first time in "The last wish" they aren't together all the time. He doesn't really want to commit himself to one person and as Gamewidow said he doesn't want to take the responsibilty for those he loves because he lives a dangerous life, this particulary concerns kids. It took quite some efforts until Geralt accepts Ciri as his child.I think these circumstances and attitudes are included in the gamestory and the end of the game ;)

Thx for explaning i watched the film and it was quite good! Now im going to read the book and see what is different from the film.

IF anyone can tell me its prolly stupid question but is the witcher book named the witcher too? cuz if yea id gladly buy/download it from the net :DD

There's a movie??! What's it called?And as for the books, are any of them available as audiobooks or digital (not kindle, I've got the sony reader), in English?

Martinovic said:
IF anyone can tell me its prolly stupid question but is the witcher book named the witcher too? cuz if yea id gladly buy/download it from the net :DD
I keep telling you -- everything you want to know is on the Witcher Wiki: http://witcher.wikia.com/wiki/Witcher_series. If you learn to look stuff up, you'll be able to know anything you want, without having to wait for people to get back to you.
Martinovic said:
There's a movie??! What's it called?And as for the books, are any of them available as audiobooks or digital (not kindle, I've got the sony reader), in English?
There's a TV show, which was chopped up and reassembled to make a movie. I haven't seen it, but I'm told that the movie is very bad. I haven't seen the TV show, either, but I'm told it's considerably better, though made on the cheap. The movie is available for sale under the title The Hexer; the TV show's episodes are available for download; a kind Polish person has even added English subtitles to some of them.

Corylea said:
The movie is available for sale under the title The Hexer; the TV show's episodes are available for download; a kind Polish person has even added English subtitles to some of them.
I like series better than movies anyway.I looked up the information about the movie and series at the witcher wiki and cross referenced with google... I found only a torrent source for download. Is there any other download link, like for rapidshare or some other download - I don't like torrent that much, especially when it's "unofficial"... Well, at least there are subtitles for all episodes there. For the books I didn't find anything. I guess the virtues of digital releases aren't as widely spread, yet. ;)

DelightfulMcCoy said:
I like series better than movies anyway.I looked up the information about the movie and series at the witcher wiki and cross referenced with google... I found only a torrent source for download. Is there any other download link, like for rapidshare or some other download - I don't like torrent that much, especially when it's "unofficial"... Well, at least there are subtitles for all episodes there.
I don't think there IS an official download of the series, so anything you get will be unofficial. If it were possible to purchase the series, I'd have directed you to that; I don't believe in piracy. But if something isn't offered for sale, then I figure that it doesn't do any harm to download it; you aren't cheating anybody out of anything that's rightfully theirs.

My opinion exactly.But I still don't like peer-to-peer downloads, not least because it's gonna take days. But I couldn't find any rapidshare or other link...However, I ordered Last Wish and Blood of Elves. On paper. That's new for me. Or retro. Ever since I have my portable reader and a very small home, I don't apprechiate the value of books as much as I used to. ;)

Top Bottom