Hilarious exploit: unlimited ingredients!

+
Hilarious exploit: unlimited ingredients!

Earlier this day I started my third playthrough. At the end of the Prologue when Vesemir told me that if I botched up Triss' potion I could get more ingredients from the witchers it got me thinking: what if I just dropped the ingredients and asked for more? ]:-> And surely enough they fell for it hook, line and sinker! I just kept dropping the celandine and white gull a little distance away from Vesemir and Eskel, respectively, and then ran upto them and asked 'can I have more ingredients please?' 'Sure!' Likewise for the calcium equum in the chest. And now I have enough of a stock to not buy any alcohol or pick some herbs in the Outskirts for a while now. ;D To be fair they did notice if I got too obvious. Like if I drop the ingredient right before their eyes they just point out that it's on the floor. :D

Uh, yeah, dunno... that's boring and takes time. If you want to cheat, why not do it the easy way and use a save game editor?

The same trick has been tried before (with the result that Vesemir pointed to the floor) but not with the addition of dropping it of some distance from Vesemir.Good job finding this out, godkingofdivineroad!

This isn't actually new http://www.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?topic=9786.msg269119#msg269119 I thought it's a bug and meanwhile fixed.

Top Bottom