[MAC] Summer Solstice DLC missing

+
[MAC] Summer Solstice DLC missing

Hi, I'm currently playing the Mac version of witcher 2 which I bought from steam. I noticed the Summer Solstice DLC is missing (see screenshot of dlc editor). I looked for the file which corresponds to this DLC in the CookedPC folder (summer.dzip) and it's missing from there as well. Would appreciate a fix :)

Thanks in advance.

I don`t have a mac but I do have steam . Does the Mac version have a game cache integrity check through Steam ? If it does then try that first .

Yep there's an option to "Verify integrity of game cache". I just tried and it passed 100% without a problem. Still no summer dlc :(

You could try copy and pasting another dzip file to your desktop then delete that specific dzip file then exit and restart Steam and run another integrity check . Or you can claim the backup copy . http://www.gog.com/witcher/backup

Hi Tommy, I tried moving a different dlc .dzip file, and it indeed failed the integrity check, but it only downloaded that missing file, so guess I'm out of luck with steam. I'll try the GOG version. Thanks for your help.

I also have a Mac and do not have the Summer Solstice shrine either on my GoG nor my Steam versions of Witcher 2 Enhanced Edition. I downloaded the GoG version in hopes of fixing the problem with my Steam version. This appears to be the very same issue as the OP.

I understand the Enhanced edition is suppose to update the DLCs on its own in the launcher as these are now regular patches but it appears that this has not happened nor do I see any way to activate or deactivate this in the launcher on the GoG version. Steam should also update automatically through Steam.

I have tried to see about downloading patches for the GoG version online and in Steam for my Steam. The only patches I have seen available are .exe for Windows PCs not Macs on the Witcher site and no DLC shows up as available on Steam.

In my Steam CookedPC folder I have a winter.dzip which I am going to assume is for the Winter Solstice shrine and in my DLC options I can activate or not the Winter Solstice DLC. In the GoG version of the game I have neither the winter.dzip in the CookedPC folder nor do I have a Winter option in the DLC options. If I am correct in thinking that the winter.dzip is for the Winter Solstice Shrine then my game copy on Steam should also have a corresponding summer.dzip or something of the sort for the Sumer Solstice Shrine. This is obviously missing.

GoG support claims that this DLC is not available for Macs but as this is not just a DLC any longer but a regular patch update it should certainly be available on Macs as well as Windows.

Top Bottom