something intresting about the 10 spheres

+
something intresting about the 10 spheres

1st of all i want to say the dev's did gr8 job with the whole 10 spheres thing and here is why.i dont know how many of you heard about them before so ill just post it :)so the 10 spheres is a concept from the jewish qabalha and the dev's even called the sphere in their hebrew name "kether" means crown for examplehere is a pic of the map in the swamp and with it a pic of the 10 spheres from jewish qabalha booknow, notice that the shrines where you put the spheres in, creating the shape of the spheres tree as it is in the qabalha this swamp map was taken from http://guides.gamepressure.com/thewitcher/guide.asp?ID=3655anyway i just wanted to share it :)

ohhhh dradle :)yea now i know what u ment it looks like that http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/7/73/Dreidel_001.jpg/200px-Dreidel_001.jpgyes their shape is very look alikebut 2 diffrent things which symbols diffrent meanings :)

I knew the Sephirah are from Jewish mysticism, but I didn't know their placement makes the proper shape on the map.

yea its something i noticed accidentlythe thing is their name is the same name as it is in hebrew

They also have correct item descriptions: Chok'mah = Wisdom, Gevur'ah = Strenght and Severity, and so on...

Planewalker said:
They also have correct item descriptions: Chok'mah = Wisdom, Gevur'ah = Strenght and Severity, and so on...
Some of those words remind me a big deal of Star Trek... at least the pronounciation they used for the Vulcanian language during TOS? (Don't eat me, i am not such a fan who memorizes all the episodes inside out). And yeh, I know that my favorite eyebrow arching pointy eared Star Trek character's actor follows the Jewish religion. So it's no surprise, plus from what he said himself at the Star Trek Con I visited two years ago in Bonn. (hmm was it two years... oh goddess Cthulhu ate my memory chip...)

Well, both Klingon and Hebrew have a lot of apostrophes in their ortography. ;) Maybe some Israeli member of the forums can (dis)prove the similarities. Hey, that reminds me of that Frasier episode when he read some Klingon phrases at a Bar-Mitzvah thinking it was authentic Hebrew. :D

Planewalker said:
Well, both Klingon and Hebrew have a lot of apostrophes in their ortography. ;) Maybe some Israeli member of the forums can (dis)prove the similarities. Hey, that reminds me of that Frasier episode when he read some Klingon phrases at a Bar-Mitzvah thinking it was authentic Hebrew. :D
Just that I love listening to my friend when she speaks Hebrew... she has a way to let it sound soft and guttural. *envy*While listening to someone speaking Klingon - I recommend bringing an umbrella and paint-ball visor, and rain-coat. It could get moist ;D

Planewalker said:
hehe well i am an israeli but i dont know shit about klingons :)btw off topic - if u saw the movie "borat" so when he is speaking with his fat friend he actually talk to him in hebrew also and his friend reply in kazhai its funny cause when i saw it the english subtitles says something and borat means diffrent things (and i can understand it cause its hebrew) this makes the movie alot funnier.

Saphisto said:
1st of all i want to say the dev's did gr8 job with the whole 10 spheres thing and here is why.i dont know how many of you heard about them before so ill just post it :)so the 10 spheres is a concept from the jewish qabalha and the dev's even called the sphere in their hebrew name "kether" means crown for examplehere is a pic of the map in the swamp and with it a pic of the 10 spheres from jewish qabalha booknow, notice that the shrines where you put the spheres in, creating the shape of the spheres tree as it is in the qabalha this swamp map was taken from http://guides.gamepressure.com/thewitcher/guide.asp?ID=3655anyway i just wanted to share it :)
Reminds me of my old desktop creation / Livejournal background.

Thanks very much for the map.... I had caught the reference to the Qabalah and Sephirot (and the references to the correspondences and stone carriers in the quest), but not the placement corresponding to the Tree.

Top Bottom