TW2 & windows 8

+
There's a fair number of people in these forums using Windows 8 for TW2, it doesn't seem to cause any problems.

AgentBlue said:
Any noticeable performance gains with 8.1?

I wouldn't expect any. The interesting difference in 8.1 is WDDM 1.3, which mainly provides a new programming model for hybrid GPU setups.

What's new for Windows 8.1 Preview
Using cross-adapter resources in a hybrid system

Eventually, the improvements in 8.1 will lead to better performance on laptops with discrete GPUs, but applications and drivers will have to be written to account for these setups. Maybe it will get rid of the need for kludges like Optimus or Lucid Virtu.

I play both TW1 and Tw2 on win 8 ....I dnt face problem yet ....both the game working smoothly on win 8

Just got my new laptop, Alienware 14, which comes with Windows 8. Started playing with The Witcher 1, no issue encounter so far. I have The Witcher 2 installed too. However, I am always encountering "Windows error" popup after exiting from the game. After that, my mouse pointer will be missing. The only way to get back my mouse pointer in order to close that "Windows Error" popup window is to press Ctrl-Alt-Del to bring up the task manager window.

I had tried disabling everything, rebooting Windows 8 in "cleaner" mode, the issue still exist. For now, I will continue with Witcher 1.

Top Bottom