This game blows...

+
This game blows...

ME Awayyy!! I love this game sooo much it's unbelievable, gotta give Projekt RED a 4 thumbs up fors this one! />/> . The only problem that i'm having in the beginning is fighting battles. I'm on lvl 8 and some enemies do crucial damage to me. I prepare myself for fights (like drinking potions) but doesn't help me at all. I'm struggling in the beginning so a helping would be great />/>

Craft a lot of bombs, invest two points into alchemy tree for increased bomb damage (+30% and +100%) and just bomb their arses. It will get you through every regular (non-boss) fight even in Dark Mode.

If you`re playing the vanilla game then you should have access to bombs and traps which make decent crowd dispersal . Sword oils can also help . The best advice is do not get surrounded . To get surrounded is inviting death very quickly . Also signs like Quen can help short term

It's worth playing this game on Normal first time around, even if you're a gaming veteran. Hard just isn't fun for the first doze hours or so it feels like a grind rather than a learning curve.

I'd recommend putting it to normal until chapter 2, then increasing it to hard once you've unlocked a few decent skills (or easy to normal, or even easy to normal to hard - in essence, you can create your own difficulty curve).

Glad you enjoy the game mate :)

I'd personally recommend you to invest a couple of points into magic. Specifically until you unlock a couple of more vigors and upgrade Quen. That's a great start.

Another pro tip, if I may say so myself, is only invest one point in the abilities you want. At least at first. Later in the game, you can start maxing out. This way, you can very easily unlock the adrenaline mode, where you kill multiple enemies by pressing 'X'. I did this on one of my playthroughs. I ended up unlocking adrenaline really early and it was smooth sailing from there.

Good luck with your run, appreciate every second and welcome to the forum!

MicahLee said:
ME Awayyy!! I love this game sooo much it's unbelievable, gotta give Projekt RED a 4 thumbs up fors this one! />/>/>/>/>/>/>/>/>/>/>/> . The only problem that i'm having in the beginning is fighting battles. I'm on lvl 8 and some enemies do crucial damage to me. I prepare myself for fights (like drinking potions) but doesn't help me at all. I'm struggling in the beginning so a helping would be great />/>/>/>/>/>/>/>/>/>/>/>

It's generally quite hard at that level, both because Geralt is a bit underpowered to a group of Nekkers and Endregas and as well as you as a player is probably not really that experienced with the combat just yet. Always remember that if you find the combat frustrating you can always temporary decrease difficulty settings in game until that certain challenge is overcome (and increase it then back to the normal one). So if you want variation in future game plays, crank it up to Hard or Dark mode and then adjust it to a lower one for your own personal preference.

Normally you will struggle with any attacks to your back as it will deal massive amount of damage so get the "Position" talent early on. Also it depends on your difficulty settings but make sure that your armour is up to snuff. You'll get plenty of armour enchantments throughout the game so just put three bad ones that you don't tend to save anyhow (Like +1 armour and 1% resistance or something) on your current armour (if you feel your current armour isn't that impressive) will help out.

It's all about crowd control in the beginning, but bombs will help out a lot, Grapeshot is good for monsters (Cedric sells them) and Samum works well versus several humans. Also don't be afraid to run and dodge in combat as you still wouldn't go charging in like a lunatic versus multiple opponents in real life.

The normal rule apply, take out the weak enemies first before going on the tough one to lower the DPM (Damage per minute) taken (with monsters it's more, take out whichever is closest and don't let more than one enemy hit you).

In Terms of talent tree you could always start by going for Swordsmanship to at least get some of the more handy talent points in the start there (Position, Whirl, Feet work, Tough Guy etc.)

How the current system applies in terms of talent trees.

Swordsmanship is a good choice in the beginning as it can limit some of the negative features like damage in the back, further improve dodge, group finisher etc. The normal response is to start with a swordsmanship build and then invest in either of the other two trees to add flavor. Swordsmanship is also the most forgiving as there's really no "bad" talent there, so if you are uncertain what to get it's always a good start to go there. Any of the late talent point like Invincible, Hardy, Combat Acumen is a must.

Alchemy is a great choice in the long term as it further improve mutagens and potion effects, it's generally recommended though that you combine it with another tree and you'll run into a boss in ACT 2 that will make your potion build useless, so it's normally good to have invested at that time a bit in other trees as well so you can overcome that one problem. Though I will say this, fully leveled an Alchemy build is awesome like hell. Catalysis and Impregnation is a must.

Signs is good overall but in my opinion a bit unreliable. You want to have Quen activated as much as possible under normal circumstances and while you can deal massive amount of damage with signs you won't generate vigor as you'll probably have Quen activated... So if you want to go down the Magic Sign tree I would probably prior high Vigor regeneration and a lot of Health and damage reduction to make Quen negligible. You will overall heavy rely on Igni so talents like Destructive magic at +2, Enhanced Igni and Magical Sense is a must.

In terms on how to design your build here's a link which will provide you with a Talent planner so you can easily design you how you please without the problem of "fucking up" in game.

https://app.box.com/s/7rb7q3kzg28qnnbnhz47

Top Bottom