submitting mod help

+
submitting mod help

So I was backing up my world and somehow everything from my world is gone. I cannot find it. I am not sure if it got deleted or overwritten but it's gone. However I was lucky to have uploaded my mod to the website before this happened and still have the .zip file that I uploaded. Is there anyway to convert that .zip file containing the scripts and pack0 dzip file into a workable form in Redkit again?

I have tried using the tools that modders used before Redkit, Red Tools, in particular, to extract all of the layers from the pack0 dzip; However, when I open Redkit and load the world from the extracted files, it loads for about 10 seconds, completes, but nothing is in the world. I dug into it a bit and it looks like after extracting with Red Tools that there are no actual entities that are recovered. When looking through the extracted dzip files in the asset broswer, everything is there: communities, npcs, scripts, but there are no entity templates to be found.

Does anyone know if there's a way to get a workable world file out of it? Or did I just lose 200 hours of work and I have to start over?

Last edited:
i figured it out! for some reason when you have both the original file and a backup in the levels folder they seem to bug out and share files, resulting in both files missing pieces that the other file has. the solution was to remove all but my backup. i ended up only losing about an hour of work

Top Bottom