[ACT 1] I need advice regarding a couple of quests

+
[ACT 1] I need advice regarding a couple of quests

1. In the cave where you fight the big plants (ecto something----sorry cant remember the name and its very late my brain isnt functioning) I cant seem to go anywhee except around in circles and plants keep respawning...is there any point to this task? Have I missed speaking to someone?2. Burning of the Witch...While doing the Salamanders Tale quest I read I was supposed to meet up with Abi at the cave as they were going to lynch her. Well Ive finished Salamanders Tail and she wasnt at the crypt or cave3. At this stage should I have found Berengar and the Salamanders Hideout because I cant find the trigger to do so.Thanks in advance.PS I also need to get the Beast so the Reverend will help me further except hes nowhere to be found (the Beast). Is his appearance dependant on me saving Abigail from being lynched?

1) You missed the quest from Leuvaarden (Dead hand from the past). The merchant who is in the inn during day time, I guess he appears at 10 a.m. The plants in the cave (echinopse) keep respawning everytime you go there. But only one vegetable carries sth special2) you are already in the cave, the Salamadra hideout? Actually this is the last phase of the final quest to finish this chapter. I guess Abigail is not there because you haven't gained trust from the most respected poeple in the outskirts. These are Odo, Harem Broog and Mikul. All three have a quest for you. When you finish them, you gained their trust. You tell the reverend about it and then begins the final phase of this chapter. Finish all necessary things before the showdown is triggered. This happens when you tell the reverend. If you still have unfinished quests you can't do that anymore.3) you wont' find Berengar in Act I but much later.

And, you can't 'find' the Beast: it will spawn...when the time is due, don't worry.All in all, I hate how this game is able to bite your butt in later chapters, because you missed to...pluck a flower in act One, you cannot finish a quest in act Five. Comeon, any effort toward 'reality' is encomiable, but this borders sadism ;D
If you don't mind being spoiled, check the Witcher walkthrough thread on this forum: you will find it very useful at avoiding certain points-of-no-return in the game and save you a ton of frustration.

Ok well regarding the plants...I havent found that special thing yet...Ill keep trying...Regarding the Salamanders hideout...No Im not in their hideout...I didnt go around the back of some building and through a trapdoor..like I read about in the game book.Broog? I got the other 3 guys but who is Broog?So are you saying the cave with the plants is the Salmander hideout????

The cave with the plants is the site of a quest that you get from Leuvaarden, a merchant in the Inn. You can't get the "something special" until you've talked with him and gotten the quest.If you've satisfied Odo, Mikul, and Haren (It's Haren Brogg; that's the "Broog" you wondered about), then you can go back to the Reverend and tell him that you've satisfied them. The plot will continue once you've done that.Once you tell the Rev that you've satisfied the three guys, you're in the endgame of Chapter 1, and other things become closed off, so make sure you've finished anything else you need to do.It sounds to me like reading ahead is just confusing you, making you look for stuff before it's time for them. You might want to lay off the walkthrough and just follow the clues that are given in the game.The Beast is an important part of the plot for Chapter 1, so you won't find him just wandering around; fighting the Beast will be the ultimate showdown at the end of Chapter 1 -- the plot will lead you to this when it's time.

There are two caves in Act I, one is the echinops cave (the one with the plants), near the city, the other is down south. In the latter cave, you would most likley don't find anything exept from some plants, if you have the journal entry for them, until the closing moments of the Act. So, if you haven#t allready talked to the revrend yet, and the streets arent empty, you more or less well on schedule. Keep on talking to as many people as possible (some might have informations or things you would like to have), picking the plants you can (if not, give food to old women or buy books, and if you haven't already done it, spend a talent on herbalism). Depending on what you have already done or not, ther might be still plenty to do in Act I. Have you learned to play dice poker yet? Have you done fisfighting? Have you talked to the nice huntsman at the fireplace near Odos house?The respawning plants: This is one place in the game where you can "grind" to get more experience if you want, there will be enough plants to train your fighting skills, they respawn every time you reenter taht cave.

Grandempereor said:
The respawning plants: This is one place in the game where you can "grind" to get more experience if you want, there will be enough plants to train your fighting skills, they respawn every time you reenter taht cave.
If you LIKE grinding, this is a good place to do it, but one of the excellent things about The Witcher is that you don't have to experience grind. If you do all the quests, you'll have enough skills to tackle whatever you need to (though you'll probably want some potions and oils).

It is possible to enter the cave before it's time to meet Abigail there. The only things that will be there though are the cauldron fire and a sewant mushroom plant. It's not a bad place to rest while you redo your inventory or recover from running around town or whatever.

Well I finally got the Novice Dice quest and Im just finishing that I have to play Mikul.I got a little bit of info about the Salamanders from a buxom wench that I gave tulips to.I spoke to everyone I walked past and no one gave me any earthshattering info so I have to keep talking to townsfolk...neither the Reverend, Abbi or anyone else has got any new info for me. There are still a zillion people walking around

It's the more non-descript folk who give valuable information like journal entires ... so do keep chatting everyone up :peace:

The Salamandra issue is a loyal accompanist through the whole game, you won't miss any information. *ahem* and of course Harem Broog is Haren Brogg, sorry

Top Bottom