Where to go?

+
You'll have to insert a map pin into your level and create a w2scene file to get the location displayed on the map.
View attachment 332

Didn't test it so you'll have to try it out for yourself. (Or wait for someone who can confirm my suggestion.)

Attachments

• REDkit_mapPin_4.jpg
    REDkit_mapPin_4.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 54
What you have to do is to place the map_property.w2ent on a new layer. And edit map_scales.csv.
This it is what I read from the link you gave.

Last edited:
There are several pics on your linked site. Didn't find an orange arrow.

The game uses the icon with the exclamation-mark to mark the active quest ("where to go next").

I'm not sure whether I understood you correctly: you want this icon to be replaced by an arrow icon?

Last edited:
View attachment 334

minimap does not need to be shown, but I would like the arrow on the minimap showed the direction in which the go.I don't know how to add the arrow.Minimape I managed to do it once but was inversely displayed (will not be a problem with the repair of that)

Attachments

• QzQEP.jpg
    QzQEP.jpg
    13.2 KB · Views: 46
Last edited:
minimap does not need to be shown, but I would like the arrow on the minimap showed the direction in which the go
direction - this being the magic word.;) Now I understand. Well, seems you'll need an expert. While it's no problem (from theory) to calculate a vector's (= arrow's) angle using trigonometric functions - putting it onto the hud could require some efforts.

Easiest way imho would be to have let's say 24 predefined arrow icons (with angles from 0 to 360 degrees, step by 15 degrees) and place the suitable one depending on the result of the direction. The player position being variable the aim's position being constant.
Getting the positions will require some scripting I guess. So I have to do some investigations.

(Maybe Benze or someone else having a quick answer?)

Last edited:
Top Bottom