Spider-cultist cave

+
Spider-cultist cave

So I have to get sephiroth from down here, and haven't found it yet. I suppose I have to kill the spider they're worshiping first. I hear from the moment I stepped into their lair, but... I can't find it!There are two stairways up, blocked by debris; one room with a cage in the rock that would be perfect to hold a big spider, and another passage way up blocked by debris across from where you enter.So how do I get passed the blocked passages? And if the Spider isn't behind one of them, where is it?

3DMaster said:
So I have to get sephiroth from down here, and haven't found it yet.
You do need a sephiroth from the sewers, but it's the one you got when you killed the cockatrice.
I suppose I have to kill the spider they're worshiping first. I hear from the moment I stepped into their lair, but... I can't find it!
Um, actually, there IS no spider. The cultists have their little area, but there's no spider in there. There's some random loot in there -- pretty good loot, actually -- but the spider-cultists' crypt is an entirely optional part of the game; there's nothing you really need in there.Our best guess, from looking at the files, is that there was going to be a quest involving the spider cultists, but it was never implemented. So, it's experience and loot, nothing more.

3DMaster said:
Then how come there lair is marked red on my sewers map, as in, a quest destination?
For just the reason Corylea gave, it's presumably a quest that got worked on but never got finished. There are some other references to the cult in the game, but it never got organized into a quest.No spider, no sephirot. There isn't anything more than the cultists and some good loot.

3DMaster said:
Then how come there lair is marked red on my sewers map, as in, a quest destination?
It's as Guy N'wah said.Plus, there's a property of maps that you'll want to know about for the rest of the game.If you click on the "Track this quest on map" button in your journal, it puts a white ring around the place that is (probably) the next place you need to go for that quest. The white ring looks like this: (Click on the picture to get it at a more useful size.)
If you track the "A Mysterious Tower" quest on your map, the Spider Cultists' Crypt has no quest ring: (Click on the picture to get it at a more useful size.)
That will help you a lot in the rest of the game.

It may not be very useful,but at the very least, you could add some Xp by killing the cultists... And exploring new areas... that is one of the nice parts of the game...

Top Bottom