Recent content by ac01yte

+
  1. ac01yte

Matrix 4 in the works [SPOILERS]

You mean The Matrix needed a ........ Reboot! I'll show myself out.... - Shane
  2. ac01yte

Mechanical Faithfulness to Cyberpunk 2020...

You need that rep. That's how you get bigger jobs. The circles you travel in need to know they can trust you to do the job, especially if they are putting together a team. Now, they probably only know your handle (street name) not who you actually are, but that's what the rep is for. As for...
  3. ac01yte

Actually, no. People in the know are aware of who was hired to do a job and if you constantly leave everyone dead then you will probably start getting jobs where that's exactly what is desired. OTOH, if you get hired to do a job and you show up later having done it with no-one noticing that...
  4. ac01yte

Will/Should you be able to max out your entire skill trees with one character?

Well... They could do like Fall Out 4. You can max everything......... but it takes a looooooooong time to do. - Shane
  5. ac01yte

Eh. Game journalists, they were there to see combat, they got shown combat. I really hope the next demo shows something other than combat....... Like maybe some more RPG stuff. Of course every bit of that shown is much more of a spoiler than a half hour of shooting, but still it'd be nice to...
  6. ac01yte

Missing a little of the point, IMO. We're asking for it to be closer to CP 2020, not nessesarily true to life simulation. CP 2020 has realistic combat, but yes, you can adapt to cyberlimbs fairly quickly. It's consistent with the world. BTW before knocking this take a look at osteointegrated...
  7. ac01yte

Hmmmmm...... V reloads her handgun both before and after being upgraded...... I wonder if anyone's put that footage side by side and checked whether skills are already affecting this - and thereby maybe already affecting other things? Just a little thought. - Shane
  8. ac01yte

Gameplay Reveal — 48-minute walkthrough

Actually...... I'd pay to see that. :) - Shane
  9. ac01yte

Gameplay Reveal — 48-minute walkthrough

Happens in quite a few cities in real life, too. - Shane
  10. ac01yte

Can you swim?

Good god NO! I wouldn't touch the open water in Night City. I mean, you'd have to burn your clothes afterwards and take a chemical shower just to get rid of the toxins and that's if you don't get any in your mouth. Yuck! But seriously, cyber's most likely designed to get wet on occasion, it'd...
  11. ac01yte

Cyberpunk 2077 Day vs Night and Atmosphere Thread

It's dark and depressing in the emotional sense. Anyone who's read Neuromancer knows that Straylight is a beautiful place full of beautiful people - and depressing as hell once you're past the surface. The "and it always rains, ect" quote that keeps getting brought up is a rant. It's mostly...
  12. ac01yte

How many people get cyber enhancements in a cyberpunk world?

Depends on what you mean by "enhancement". There's a lot of cyber in cyberpunk that has little to no game use but is there for aesthetics - light tattoos and tech hair, for example. These are fashion and would be considered enhancements by some. Then there are quality of life things like the...
  13. ac01yte

a little too clean

Thing about pollution: the worst stuff is often totally invisible. You can't see greenhouse gasses (well, most of them) and those cfc's that destroyed the Ozone? Those you can smell but not see. If there's a river or lake or aqueduct in the city flowing with clear, cold, blue water it's still...
  14. ac01yte

Night City crowd diversity system

Generally processing speed is going to limit things like this, however CyberPunk is a world where cosmetic surgery is both common and cheap, so maybe I'll just view it as people seeing the same face in the catalogue and saying "That face! I want to look like that!" Kind of like running into...
  15. ac01yte

Has anyone taken a look at the SCUM game in early access right now? It seems to have good system for attributes and skills on how they affect the FPS game. It's also third person with some interesting systems around that, but the skills/attributes and how they affect things is applicable either...
Top Bottom