Recent content by archont

+
  1. A

This game needs some serious rebalancing.

Pure mage build is viable. Very. My fight with Eredin was one-sided. Aard, HACK, HACK, Aard, HACK, HACK, Aard.. True, no fire damage on the wild hunt is annoying. But you can back then into a corner and hack away at them until they keel over.
  2. A

That...was just a side quest? (No Spoilers)

That's a very real concern. If you browse glassdoor, you get nuggets like * Traumatic and long crunch periods * Insane and inhumane crunch cycles that will last for years * Insanely long crunch with low pay, practically no vacation or free time (including Sundays and national or religious...
  3. A

Your favourite mode of travel

On horse, because Roach doubles as a parachute and nullifies fall damage. On foot when I have to dodgeroll up steep gradients that the horse can't climb.
  4. A

What name If you have choice ?

Sugarhooves, since the horse dissolves if you park it in water.
  5. A

one thing i disliked about witcher 2

Temeria, Rhododendronia, Nilfgaard - I've heard those names tossed around but they're meaningless.
  6. A

one thing i disliked about witcher 2

The Witcher 2 had an extremely thick plot. New concepts, characters, factions and ideas were introduced in a machine-gun fashion. It tried to juggle plots at several levels and couldn't get proper exposition for all of them. As someone who didn't read the books I did follow the plot, more or...
  7. A

Currency in Witcher 3(Orens or Crowns)?

Good to see someone bringing up NV. NCR currency and legion denars were fake currency, in that they were just valuable items available for barter. The actual currency was bottlecaps. In barter you could always pay with caps. Having three actual separate currencies would be a chore to manage...
  8. A

Geralt´s VATS system

Good to read another approach, you obviously went with different assumptions than I did here. It's clear that the abuse of this mechanic needs to be limited. You're suggesting short-term potions. I don't like the idea of quaffing potions to execute supermoves. Potions provide long-term...
  9. A

Geralt´s VATS system

Lots of good posts in this thread. In particular those of you who acknowledge the stat-based vs skill-based approach to gameplay. It's not easy to achieve a good compromise without it spiralling out of control - since those are basically opposing styles of gameplay. Tekken vs Nethack to use...
  10. A

Why I hate Witcher 2

An insightful observation. I like your idea. RPG DLCs have the problem of introducing power creep. By the time you reach the final boss you're rocking the +65535 searing excalibur of deityhood you looted from Jesus Christ. You want to reward the player for completing DLCs with cool items and...
  11. A

Why I hate Witcher 2

I refer you to my previous post. Reread it please.
  12. A

Why I hate Witcher 2

Witcher 2, when released, did not have inventory sorting. Now the player can effortlessly and automatically sort items based on weight or name. What is your opinion on this functionality?
  13. A

Why I hate Witcher 2

Perhaps I wasn't clear in specifying what kind of functionality is lacking. After a poker match concludes, the player should see why he lost or won. Specifically extend the "You win/you lose" dialog by showing what the opponent had versus your own hand. This is a post-match summary, not...
  14. A

Why I hate Witcher 2

I'll blame the UI lead for his instead. The UI team did a poor job and if I was to point out a single area of responsibility that was significantly lacking in production quality of the game, it'd be UI followed by engine programming. As long as you're not juggling big dynamic datasets (eg...
  15. A

Why I hate Witcher 2

While you're at it you should've reminded me to be careful where my place my floppy disks. I could've used that advice in the 90s. Today is the age of digital distribution. In W2's case more units were sold online than boxed. You expect players to print out the PDF or run it on a second...
Top Bottom