Recent content by ArvGuy

+
  1. A

We NEED a way to RESET Attributes

The points themselves being placed wherever may be a consequence of you role-playing, but the act of putting points into this or that in and of itself is not role-playing. And if simply throwing some mechanic in however half-baked form into a game makes said game an RPG then what is the point of...
  2. A

We NEED a way to RESET Attributes

Throwing points in stats is not "role-playing". Doing various cookie-cutter builds in Diablo is not role-playing either. This game is not a role-playing game to begin with, it is not a competitive game, and it is strictly a single player game, so letting players have fun instead of forcing them...
  3. A

[SPOILERS] Am I the only one that thought the story was shallow?

I think the story had a chance to be decent enough, if CDPR had taken their time and built it properly, rounded it off properly, and made things work in a coherent and somewhat convincing way. I think CDPR failed to do that due to time constraints but fundamentally there's nothing wrong with a...
  4. A

Can you guys just head over to nexus mods and be inspired?

That would be pretty cool, if true. And if it works out. At least a step up from where we are currently.
  5. A

Adam Badowski's Twitter Response (Missing Features..)

I know what marketing is. But the problem remains that CDPR hyped this game as a deep and groundbreaking role-playing game and it simply is not that. Clearly and evidently, the game is not that. And they knew it, and they knew it was never going to be that, but they pushed the hype and kept...
  6. A

The game costs full triple-A price in my part of the world, so yeah, that seems like Ferrari-price to me.
  7. A

If he talks up a Ferrari and delivers a Fiat then would he really expect me to trust him ever again? If he wants to pull a caveat emptor and argue that it's on me to not trust his word and properly research how full of lies and bovine excrement he is then surely he wouldn't expect me to ever do...
  8. A

Notice how many floors you can pick in the elevators? Think it was always just entrance and mission floor? Notice the description of gorilla arms. Seems like they used to do something for strenght. Not anymore, though. Now they're just clumsy boxing gloves. Notice all that food and drink in the...
  9. A

The game is "not bad"? Well, imagine thinking you're buying a Ferrari and then you end up with a Fiat. Looking at that car objectively, it's NOT BAD! But it still aint a Ferrari, is it? Now imagine that the dealer that you thought was going to sell you a Ferrari is trying to argue that the darn...
  10. A

Planescape: Torment. Not the best if you like party fighting, but it is the gold standard of how to tell a story. No, I don't really know what is main quest and what is side quest, not with any kind of accuracy. Do note that the game is very old and intensely text-based. And for me, it is also...
  11. A

Is CDPR making money with Cyberpunk 2077

And Fallout 3. And Fallout NV. I haven't bothered with the RDR games, but I suspect you might be able to sit in chairs in them too. And a bunch of other things. And let's be honest, just writing off all the fantasy genre games that also allowed it just because you're not into sword stuff is a...
  12. A

You can sit down in Skyrim, in the Fallouts, even in old Gothic. But frankly you seem to be ignoring the bigger issue. Sitting down places, eating stuff, drinking stuff, talking to people, watching life unfold, those aren't key features in their own right, but these small things do help maintain...
  13. A

No problem. Was about to elaborate, though. But yeah, misreads happens to me all the time. And miswrites. And brainfarts.:)
  14. A

I open Steam and pick Stats. It's less detailed and doesn't give you any information over time, but I think their spot numbers are updated more frequently than Steamcharts' once per hour. Rocket league is just out of top 10 on Steamcharts, by the way.
  15. A

Yeah, cities feel so immersive when you can't actually interact with them, don't they? What do you actually do when playing? Just do the same quests over and over and over, then start a new character when you run out?
Top Bottom