Recent content by Aver

+
  1. Aver

Dragon Age: Inquisition

There are actually a lot of reviews on the Internet right now. It looks like embargo ended around 9AM of CET. EA seems confident - they allowed to release reviews a week before game release. All the reviews I saw were good Gamespot 9, Eurogamer 8, Polygon 9,5. Seems like a great game and I'm...
  2. Aver

Game Journalism - Unfit for purpose?

At first I was surprised that when I saw you guys defending Gamersgate. I only heard bad things (like life threats) about them so far and I was surprised when I learned from this topic about their charity and other positive actions. It's really disgusting that gaming media show only one side of...
  3. Aver

GTX 970 surfaced

Actually reduction of power consumption is nowhere near 100W. Under maximum load it even takes a little bit more power then 780/780ti. http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/nvidia-geforce-gtx-980-970-maxwell,3941-13.html
  4. Aver

GTX 970 surfaced

I don't complain about lower TDP. It obviously advantage. It's just quite disappointing to see a little to none improvement in performance. I still believe that they could make a GPU with worse TDP, but better performance. It's pity they didn't, because I've hoped to see next step in terms of...
  5. Aver

GTX 970 surfaced

It doesn't impact bills in any meaningful way unless you are progamer who plays 10h, a day or you are mining bit coins. I play ~20h a week and power used by GPU during playing video games costs me a little bit more than 1$ per month and I own a card with very high TDP (And I barely can hear it)...
  6. Aver

GTX 970 surfaced

Yes, it will support DX12. Also remember that fancy new lighting tech need to be supported by game (probably AA too).
  7. Aver

GTX 970 surfaced

I wonder why Nvidia pushed so hard for lower power efficiency. Yeah, it's nice to have low power consumption, but I think that people who buy desktop GPU for 550$ care more about performance than power efficiency and in many cases 780Ti perform better than 980.
  8. Aver

Mantle - new open API by AMD and DICE

I can't say if Nvidia are jerks or not, because I never met anyone from Nvidia, but some time ago engineer from Valve said that Nvidia techs are jerks, because they are trying to cripple performance of games on competitors hardware. Also there is famous "Fuck you Nvidia" by Linus Torvalds...
  9. Aver

The General Videogame Thread

So you are just assuming that they will release the PC version and it wasn't officially announced?
  10. Aver

Soon Mantle will be available for Linux (including SteamOS of course).
  11. Aver

Watch Dogs

// This is Ubisoft, who cares. I'm sure I won't buy any of their fully priced PC port anytime soon.
  12. Aver

It was written, directed and produced by Japanese team from Square Enix, but actual work like graphics, programming etc. was outsourced to Airtight Games. This combination is great because game is quite original and has an unique atmosphere, but at the same time it looks good and have a proper...
  13. Aver

I just finished Murdered: Soul Suspect and it's another (first was Deadly Premonition), Japanese open-worldish horror, detective story that I absolutely loved. I hope it will become some kind of weird, obscure genre and we will see more games like that. ;)
  14. Aver

Actually 'only' half of Mantle games are on Frostbite, but yes it's great that Mantle is implemented in two major engines. I can't wait to see how it will do in next Crytek game, their games always quite a CPU heavy.
  15. Aver

Sigismund Dijkstra in TW3 ?

It can spoil great moments like death of Foltest or com back of Dijkstra. They can show whatever they want in trailers - I don't care how much they will spoil plot in them, I don't watch them anyway. But I would like to at least see gameplay video without big plot reveals - I watch them to see...
Top Bottom