Recent content by Balthazars

+
  1. B

Starfield! Spaaaaaaace...ladders.

So I'm about 20 hours in, having had a chance to play a decent amount over the weekend. Just hit level 15, but barely touched the main quest (basically completed the first main story mission after reaching the Lodge). The rest of the time were doing some quests around New Atlantis, messing...
  2. B

Starfield! Spaaaaaaace...ladders.

While the setting and Beth gun-play does not really appeal to me that much (although to be fair the gunplay in particular looks much improved), I have a bit of cautious optimism regarding the game, and will probably pick it up. Just not their stupid 'early access' which is in fact just paying a...
  3. B

Rank CDPR games.

1. Witcher 2 - this is overall CDPR's best game. Especially as an RPG with meaningful choices. I mean, this is a game where depending on a single choice in Act 1, the rest of the game is entirely different, and you really do need to replay the game to find all the answers to all the various plot...
  4. B

Your Favorite Gwent Card Set, Cards & Strategy

While the Siege Master power is decent, it's not as versatile as the Clear Weather power. Here's my reasoning: 1) Only affects one row: obviously for this power to be useful, you'll need to have sufficient strength in your siege row to make it work. This can occasionally be tricky, even with the...
  5. B

Your Favorite Gwent Card Set, Cards & Strategy

Northern Realms is the most OP deck of the lot, and currently by far the best with the right setup. Leader: clear weather - the most versatile by far because it firstly means that you're not reliant on pulling your own weather cards, and that you don't need to keep any clear weather cards in...
  6. B

Open Letter from Marcin Iwiński -- co-founder of CD PROJEKT RED

Speak for yourself. The game works very well for me. No fatal crashes after the first patch, no game-ending glitches that weren't solved by reloading, restarting the game, or patches again. Game otherwise meets my expectations. Plays great, looks great. Of course there is room for improvement...
  7. B

Let's Talk Gwent

Gwent is an amazingly well developed minigame, it's very addictive and plenty of fun. A great time-sink that I enjoy playing for the sake of playing, not using it as a means of getting XP or gold, which is what usually happens with other mini-games (which is why I avoid fist-fighting and horse...
  8. B

TW3 vs DA:I [SPOILERS]

The problem with the War Table in DA:I is that ultimately it feels really shallow. Sure, it's fun initially and allows for some interesting lore and character stuff to be played out, but eventually it starts to feel like a let-down, because you never see anything happen. All you get is a brief...
  9. B

I don't think that Witchers and Grey Wardens are alike at all. If anything, they're really different. The only 'abilities' that a Grey Warden gets is the ability to sense Darkspawn and subsequently the eventual corruption by the taint. That's nothing like a Witcher, who ends up with enhanced...
  10. B

I can quickly see this thread degenerating into petty squabbles, but given these two games have eaten up a lot of my gaming time recently, I feel I'll put in my two cents worth: Dragon Age: Inquisition Pros: --- Party banter and interaction. Always one of the strongest elements of the DA...
  11. B

Problem with Gwent? Getting owned by the AI? Want some tips? call: 0800-SCORCHED

If you have no special cards at all in your deck then you've probably not gathered enough playing/buying from merchants in Velen. With zero special cards, you're going to find it tough to beat monster decks. But you only need a few in order to do well. The first critical thing to remember about...
  12. B

DLC with old faces for Triss and Roche. Do you want it?

I think Triss' face is actually a big improvement on W2. Somehow it makes her look a bit sweeter, her new face seems a bit...softer. Roche... well, the quality of his face is much higher, but I agree that somehow he doesn't quite look like he did in W2. I'm not sure if it's because in W2 he had...
  13. B

Some of the funniest (Or Oddest) Quoates in game!

There are several great and cringeworthy lines in the game. The personal high-point so far was the drinking session with fellow Witchers. Hilariously good fun, and you got a sense that Geralt was really close with his buddies, despite the fact they rarely see each other and snipe at each other...
  14. B

DLC 5+6 is here (GOG for now only)

The Nilf armour certainly looks quite snazzy. Is it a medium or a light armour set?
  15. B

Highest Scoring Gwent Round loosing or winning Picture Posts Please

I can't figure out how to take screenshots... :S That said, new record for me: 195 in the final round based mostly on x3 blue stripes commandos, x2 catapults x2 siege engineers and a horn. As stated above, the key to getting huge scores are having good bond pairings set up in your hand, plus...
Top Bottom