Jobs Store Support Register

BarefootWarrior

+
An older (mature?) gamer who's mind is still twenty five and the body is...older. Presumably wiser...but never assume anything. right? I live in the Pacific North West and am Native American. Proud member of the Coeur d' Alene Tribe of Northern Idaho. I enjoy photography and computer graphics, imaging. Presently UN-employed and with the current job market (and age) don't see this changing any time soon. That being said, I'm in the unique position to use my time to self educate myself in learning 3D modeling, and that is what I am doing. I am learning Bender (2.49 and 2.6) and I also have 3D Max and Maya 8.5 available. But I am focusing on Blender at the moment before I jump into 3D Max. I am in Graphic Design and already know Photoshop, Illustrator, which I use regularly and playing with Gimp. I'm already going the way of a texture artist and enjoy creating new textures. I don't have any ideas about going into the game industry, especially at my age, but, I see no reason why I can't learn the skills to create my own fantasy art. An example would be some fantasy art using Elves with a Native touch, that kind of thing. I also what to be able to create mods for some for the games that I enjoy so much and put those out for others to enjoy, but we are a ways out from that right now, but we are working on it.

Anyway, I don't give up and I just keep going. After many years out in the professional world, I don't think I want to go back to a nine to five job and for once...do something that I enjoy. I don't care how old you may be, always keep learning new things, and more importantly...do something you enjoy. I learned my lesson the hard way
Birthday
Oct 13, 1954 (Age: 64)