Recent content by BladeRunnerBlues

+
  1. B

News on the cut content Iorveth and Scoia'tael / Nilfgaard

It's nice to see Iorveth's absence put into some context after that much time. I have to confess, from the information above, removing Iorveth even seems less of an issue than cutting content that could have displayed the Nilfgaardian Empire's war crimes. The Witcher 3 always seemed very...
  2. B

What disappointed you about this game?

The Wild Hunt was to play a much bigger role before the cuts - CDPR has long confirmed the cut infiltration quest somewhere in the third act, which would have given the Red Riders way more screentime. Menge and the whole Novigrad act probably also contained much more depth initially. Iorveth was...
  3. B

GOTY edition questions

Melitele's tits....it seems as if this game was actually written 3x better than what made it into the final production. This sounds like the finale that the saga deserves and I would take such restored content even over the appearance of Iorveth or the return of the Devil's Pit axed Catriona...
  4. B

Question about Anais La Valette

For some reason, CDPR didn't even bother including a journal entry about her fate or a few lines from Roche and/or Radovid, which would have made more sense. It's one of the most baffling things about the game, imho, along with Iorveth's absence and the Wild Hunt's incredibly weak presence...
  5. B

List of changes and cut content from the May 2014 leaks (copied from Reddit)

If anything, it would probably be much easier to add new/any other cut quest involving Iorveth rather than replace existing parts of the game by re-integrating him into those narratives. It has been mentioned here, I reckon, that there was supposed to be a line of sidequests about the Aen...
  6. B

Will the Witcher 3 have an Enhanced Edition?

They have stated that there won't be any more content for The Witcher 3 in a recent interview, following the release of Blood and Wine. http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2016-04-28-no-new-content-for-the-witcher-3-after-blood-and-wine-comes-out The topic has been extensively discussed here...
  7. B

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - Game of the Year edition

They have known that most are craving an Enhanced Edition with restored cut/new content (Iorveth, Devil's Pit, etc.), but they have stated that there will be no new additions after Blood and Wine, so it unfortunately seems very unlikely at this point. Most of the characters that were missing...
  8. B

[SPOILERS] The lack of Witcher 2 decisions and content in The Witcher 3.

That was slightly cynical. I agree with you, from a storytelling perspective this is not something that any fan of the series should overlook - it should have definitely been in the game. As sv3672 said, however, they have very little incentive to add content at this point - it could probably...
  9. B

I see the point in this cynical assessment and find it likely to be the truth, yet one would simply think that the studio that gave us two great RPGs with Enhanced Editions on top of it in previous years would handle its own story with more love. I am all in for companies treating their...
  10. B

I would see the necessity to provide low-budget resolutions to a few decisions, such as King Henselt's ultimate death for production reasons - as lazy as that solution may seem, at the very least it makes some sense. The same cannot be said about Roche ignoring Geralt's potential alliance with...
  11. B

Many people who played The Witcher 3 probably didn't get around to the first two parts until now, if at all. CD Projekt RED played its cards right, they came at a time when AAA developers have become unabashedly greedy and arrogant with their DLC policies, so simple slogans like "we put players...
  12. B

Best written villain/antagonist in the Witcher trilogy (Blood&Wine spoilers)

Amen. No matter how big the development budget, how flashy the marketing and PR, it ulimately always comes down to whether the script is good, or as they put it in Deadpool: "Written by: the real heroes here." This clearly didn't work right with the base game, which is reflected by how the Wild...
  13. B

Petition for the "Enhanced edition" aka Legacy for the ages

Although the game's shortcomings have been made pretty clear since The Witcher 3 was released, those still wanting to see an Enhanced Edition may want to sign this wee petition made by Russian fans. It's unlikely to get too much attention, but why not...
  14. B

Blood and Wine released, The wicher 3 finished, no word from CDPR

At least it's clear now that there won't be an Enhanced Edition. Really disappointing after their work in the past. Well then, it's time to move on. There are many things to admire about CDPR, but the conclusion of their Witcher universe is a let-down on many fronts. It's sad that they are too...
  15. B

Iorveth and Saskia [Spoilers]

Well then, it's time to move on. There are many things to admire about CDPR, but the conclusion of their Witcher universe is a let-down on many fronts. It's sad that they are too big now to give a damn about improving their game as they did back in the day, when they went beyond a few minute...
Top Bottom