Recent content by BoboTheMighty

+
  1. B

Loot! How does it work?

Biggest problem with loot in open world games: Completely linear progression ( when it comes to "stats")...unlike more linear Arpg's (like Diablo/PoE...), OW rpgs cannot provide consistent increase in challenge (with as wide variety of different enemy types) proportional to loot/player...
  2. B

Martial Arts in 2077.

Well, I've stumbled on this: http://neuro.portalseeker.com/weapons.pdf. Loads of weapons, scroll all the way down, even got "Bioware combat tail"...whatever those are( kick someone and turn'em into potential romance option, eh? :P). 2077, body armor, robots/androids, melee may-be only viable...
  3. B

Martial Arts in 2077.

For all weapons...let's face it, TPS mechanics won't be as good as in top tier games of the genre( for the most part, all are entirely focused on combat/encounters), but adding different "move sets" for each playstyle, this could be something very interesting that would make it stand out. Dual...
  4. B

Martial Arts in 2077.

Seriously folks, they'd need ten times the size of their team for all of this...Martial arts here, the way I see it, should be brutal and efficient, especially when you have only a split second in a gunfight. From my own experience: Thai boxing for kicks/punches, Aikido for disarming and...
  5. B

Older Release Date and General Speculation Thread.

There was some mention of "leak" apparently on neogaf, but nothing really confirmed, if I gots it right. It didn't go further than that, only that the source has "info". And works as personal advisor for Donald Trump. :P Was kinda hoping for one central station ( like in Bloodlines) and few...
  6. B

Open World? Sandbox? Or the main story?

Going through Mafia I ( for first time) right now. Will post my impressions when finished, but so far feels good. Really different. Nothing is spelled out for you...no markers, no glowing objects or any modern "innovations". Like the mission I just finished. Had to save a fellow brother in...
  7. B

Should i build a pc or play on ps4 pro?

That too. Always trying to grab onto something with my right hand. :p
  8. B

Should i build a pc or play on ps4 pro?

Build a pc. I did it first time (for the Witcher III actually)...it's sort of fun and you learn a lot about tech along the way. Take it slowly and depending on where you're from, look on great offers from respectable stores...starting with the case, psu, ( longest lasting components), HDD/SDD...
  9. B

Combat system

This feels like being stuck on a planet filled with all sorts of weird aliens and your universal translator isn't working. :P Ok, I'm done in this thread. Farewell, my fellow aliens: :welcome:
  10. B

Combat system

That really, really is a massive oversimplification of their game mechanics across the board...and same could be even more be said for recent crpg's like Pillars/DOS/Wasteland II or when comparing all the other crpg's from Infinity era. No...combat based on mechanics from action games does not...
  11. B

Combat system

I disagree... Fallout IV received massive amount of criticism precisely for removing those elements. Honestly, I think a lot of "rpg veterans" suffer a bit from elitist attitude next to fans of other genres and too quickly call out for "dumbing down" . I don't see why more "wider" player base...
  12. B

Open World? Sandbox? Or the main story?

Err...no. Consistency and cohesion when it comes to world design are abysmal in all of Bethesda games. From mini "cities" that exist with no water or food supply without districts that indicate any kind of segregation, to poor environment transition and even worse designed ecology, to illogical...
  13. B

Combat system

That would imo, be a recipe for disaster...one should take priority over the other, early action rpg's been poor and have moved away from rpg mechanics for not realizing this. A shame because it can make game more satisfying even on the "action part"...ironically, this was done a lot better (...
  14. B

Combat system

Why exactly, if you don't mind me asking? I don't see why some people see here more action oriented combat here as some kind of immediate catastrophe...it's fairly obvious what pro's and cons there are to each approach. And since CDPR is creating AAA title, it's production values are better...
  15. B

Combat system

Eh, no. Animations, hit reactions, AI...all poor, doesn't matter if it's an rpg. If they add "powers", Vanquish ( I think I mentioned this before :P) is a lesson-to-be-learned for all developers on how to tie them with shooting/movement mechanics instead of generic bind it to keys and spam...
Top Bottom