Recent content by bonesteoca

+
  1. bonesteoca

"Gas Clouds" Tutorial Entry (and Others) No Longer Obtainable?

Well, I have to say I'm a little surprised by the lack of interest in this topic. I did ultimately figure out the issue: turns out, in the initial release of The Witcher 3, all tutorial entries were immediately dumped to your Glossary from the start. CD Projekt Red must have decided this was too...
  2. bonesteoca

"Gas Clouds" Tutorial Entry (and Others) No Longer Obtainable?

So I'm a big stickler for 100 percent completion, and have all the bestiary, character, and non-mutually-exclusive book/note entries squared away in my glossary. However, while cross-checking my progress with online resources, I realized I was missing at least one Tutorial entry, of all things...
  3. bonesteoca

Witcher 3 graphic on PS5

I suppose if CD Projekt Red really thinks there's a real opportunity for profit and/or expanding their market, they could remaster the game for the PS5 and offer a substantial discount to PS4 owners who wanted to upgrade. It wouldn't be much different than what they're doing with Cyberpunk 2077.
  4. bonesteoca

PvP = longer life

I think the problem is that Dark Souls' depth comes from its complex combat mechanics. The Witcher 3, on the other hand, is unique because of its attention to storytelling, and frankly, the combat doesn't take center-stage the same way. That's not to say it isn't depthful, I just think the...
  5. bonesteoca

Erotic information in the game

I honestly couldn't see The Witcher universe without it sexual element. It's an integral aspect to the way the series brings the far-reaching actions of kings and peasants down to a human level.
  6. bonesteoca

Geralt of the 101st Airborne

Haha, sometimes it seems like every famous actor had some kind of part or cameo in either Band of Brothers, or Black Hawk Down. I think the reality is that military stories, by their nature, tend to involve large numbers of characters who dress and groom identically, so it's much harder to spot...
  7. bonesteoca

Will you be playing CP2077 with English or Polish dubbing?

I agree with what others have said. The Witcher 3 makes perfect sense to be played in Polish, not only because it's based on Polish literature, but because its lore and mythology has heavily Slavic roots. Cyberpunk 2077, on the other hand, is clearly inspired by the likes of more...
  8. bonesteoca

Oh my...

Indeed, in the books Ciri goes through the the most rapid period of change that I think most people do in their lives: coming of age. It makes perfect sense that she'd be nearly unrecognizable now. Geralt and Yeneffer said as much in the Palace at Vizima. For the record, I think her...
  9. bonesteoca

Favorite Quest Line in The Witcher series?

I think the more interesting question is what questline most exceeded common expectations. There are plenty of go-to examples of grand, epic main-storyline moments that culminate hours of character-building and arcs, but let's face it, Witcher 3's uniqueness among RPGs is the depth and quality...
  10. bonesteoca

Really rare trophy bug

Sometimes I wish developers would learn to relegate achievements to only repeatable or unmissable feats, as long as they remain unreliable and/or buggy.
  11. bonesteoca

Innkeeper Elsa at White Orchard, Gwent bug or mod incompatibility?

I'll bet CD Projekt Red came up with Gwent first and then thought "How can we design a genre-defining RPG around this to make people play it as obsessively as possible?" :sneaky:
  12. bonesteoca

Cannot open floor hatch

Interesting clarification. My 100% guide will make note of this!
  13. bonesteoca

Are the games Canon?

Whether you want to call them canon or not is ultimately your decision. What I find difficult to reconcile is the rather flimsy narrative that joins the end of the book's plot with the beginning of the games: Geralt and Yennefer were stolen away from their private paradise by the Wild Hunt as...
Top Bottom