Recent content by bravenewboi

+
  1. bravenewboi

Dynamic Crime scenes for Night City

I can see these dynamic scenes very easily becoming like Fallout 4's "Another settlement needs our help" and I would not like that at all. If these are scripted quests then fine, but not something that is procedurally generated. That would suck.
  2. bravenewboi

Real time dialogue as an extension to immersion and roleplaying

I'm screaming! Regarding the timed dialogue, it depends, does V have social anxiety and gets nervous when trying to think of what to say to people, then that could be a great way to implement it. There should be times where you have to make a timed choice, like in TW3, but mostly allow the...
  3. bravenewboi

Which Backstory will you pick?

Silverhand, Ran away from home, Ex-lover in town. I also wonder if you can edit the other details. I mean, there's an edit button right below, though age seems to be locked at 23 but can you choose, for example, V's level of education and criminal record? I sure hope so.
  4. bravenewboi

Gameplay Demo - Your Suggestion/Feedback Thread

I agree with this. Bilingual people don't talk like this at all, so whenever Jackie spoke Spanish it felt very cringey to me. Getting an actor who is actually Mexican/bilingual might help a lot. I'm not a big fan of RPG games because playing as a disembodied camera isn't very immersive but I...
  5. bravenewboi

F*** and S***. That's roughly half of the vocabulary in the future.

Honestly I didn't even notice the swearing, so I think that means it fits the environment and the characters. That corporate lady was extremely angry though and V (rightfully) called her a bitch. If anything what bothered me was the guy Jackie, he was using a lot of Spanish words and bilingual...
  6. bravenewboi

Trait stat point about sexual orientation?

I wasn't really sure about it but this is a really good point and now I want it. I would also like to see it for ethnicity too though, playing a Black or Latino character would be a different experience than playing a white character.
  7. bravenewboi

Does the diverse world of Night City include people with disabilities?

Isn't this a double standard? Both these statement seem to contradict one another. I will agree with you that most people are disabled in one way or another, it's just that certain disabilities are so normalized that we don't even notice them. That's called privilege. I remember when I went...
  8. bravenewboi

This is a very interesting point. So because people without augments might be unable to function in a city that wasn't built with them in mind, are they not disabled? Disability is a social construct, you're not 'disabled' because you're blind, or have to use a wheelchair for mobility, you're...
  9. bravenewboi

Sex, Nudity, Discussion of Same - the Whole Ball of Wax.

There will be butts and there will be gays. As far as frontal male nudity, I'm not sure. I don't believe they've said anything about that. They talk about romances here, and there's another article on the same site where they mention nudity...
  10. bravenewboi

I would be very interested in seeing this topic explored. However, I recall Mike Pondsmith talking about how cybernetics are basically like iPhones are in our society, not really expensive and pretty much accessible to everyone. He says that the accessibility to technology is what makes the...
  11. bravenewboi

Let's talk about vehicles

They said on Rockpapershotgun that you can't: RPS: Will you be able to fly the flying cars? I need a straight answer. Pietras: Current means of transportation that I can tell you about, that we are sure of, and that we know we can share with you: obviously you can walk on foot, you can drive a...
  12. bravenewboi

FP VS TP - perspective matters

So, it's not an FPS, but it is an FPP. People are using the terms interchangeably, but it literally means the same thing: You can only play in first person. And that is, frankly, disappointing.
  13. bravenewboi

Sexual preferences in CP77

I think that what Sourmiloko is saying is that straight male shouldn't be the ONLY perspective, not that it shouldn't exist.
  14. bravenewboi

Probably not. As a gay man I'm used to having my existence ignored with almost every videogame, movie, tv show, etc. that I choose to experience. Representation is not validation.
  15. bravenewboi

Sorry you feel that people like me shouldn't exist in videogames, or that asking for representation is political.
Top Bottom