Recent content by Buckadoz

+
  1. Buckadoz

Phantom Liberty story speculation

I did a quick search and couldn't find anything regarding datamining Phantom Liberty, can you clarify what you're talking about?
  2. Buckadoz

Announcing Cyberpunk 2077: Phantom Liberty

Is there a chance this expansion has main story connections or is this seeming more like side content?
  3. Buckadoz

Ludonarrative dissonance

I'm simply never going to agree with the idea that making NC more immersive solves the problem that an immersive NC is at odds with the game's plot The frustrating thing is these little additions are things I'd love to see if the game wasn't about a doomed protagonist with less than a month to live
  4. Buckadoz

Ludonarrative dissonance

The new free DLCs definitely don't make this worse, who didn't want more interactions to enhance the sting of doomed relationships. Who wouldn't buy five new apartments when you know your life is measured in weeks.
  5. Buckadoz

[Spoiler Alert] About the endings

Also don't forget the repeated justification of this by saying that holding this position means that you want them to harm the character of River or Kerry by forcing them to stay with V as if player agency is something that can't exist anymore.
  6. Buckadoz

The average "oh no shit's happening" game has pressure but is vague enough to not feel constantly applied, until perhaps the final few quests. Who knows when the dragon apocalypse will come. I don't know anything about Witcher, but in FO4, you find out early in the main quest that more time...
  7. Buckadoz

Knowing that, on a meta level, the timer doesn't matter, doesn't change the fact that it's a part of the story and presented as something that you should ostensibly be concerned about.
  8. Buckadoz

And all you have to do to experience it is not take the main quest seriously!
  9. Buckadoz

Updated Roadmap

At this point what kind of quality should we even be expecting from new actual content? The longer it drags out, the more the public loses interest and the more embarrassing it is for those still invested. At what point should we expect the "expansion" to be a quietly released soulless 2 hour...
  10. Buckadoz

Damn it would be nice if the game acknowledged that difference in a real way and let us express our opinion of Soulkiller instead of forcing V into apparently accepting one interpretation and ruining the finale of the game for anyone who thought otherwise
  11. Buckadoz

Do You Think Cyberpunk 2077 (as of now) is an Immersive Sim game?

The personally urgent nature of this game's story and finality of it's resolution will always be at odds with any kind of sim aspect not immediately related to the main story. It's struggle with how much of an rpg it does or doesn't want to be at any given time also hurt immersion.
  12. Buckadoz

Following the River - The River Ward thread

Given V's routine disregard of the law and the ways you can encourage River in his quest line, I always saw the relationship from V's perspective as a kind of "let me let you be Good" thing that I really enjoyed, though it's been so long I don't remember how much of that feeling is pure...
  13. Buckadoz

My favorite "we just stopped caring about developing the game after this point" bug is if you go back to his house after his last quest, nobody ever moves, and the kids are permanently just standing on (maybe in?) their fucking beds.
  14. Buckadoz

Owner of a life that many would assert the games themes demand to be impossible. The romanceable counternarrative.
  15. Buckadoz

*sigh* When are we finally going to get the ability to change V's appearance?

Sorry, that sentence ended up a little strange since I went back and edited it, but I meant "tied" as in "at the same place in a list". It's "tied ... for most bizarre omission". The omission regarding clothes with stats being that there's no transmog or appearance only options.
Top Bottom