Recent content by cdred

+
  1. C

Gaming on Linux [news and developments]

Yes, "Metro Last Light" and for example "Civilization V" and other ports that are using OpenGL 3.x while Windows version is using DX11. I'm not sure if any of Linux games uses OpenGL 4.x yet ... I hope at least a new versions of "Metro" would. I trust Valve that they can help to push drivers at...
  2. C

So good to see these games to be published for Linux. Unfortunately usually the games are not par with Windows what comes to graphical fidelity. I will buy my games from Steam just to support their Linux and OpenGL development work. Valve is working to get tech forward which is extremely...
  3. C

Divinity: Original Sin

Ah, thanks. I had missed that option. Works very nicely. Small problems with the shadows here and there but nothing major. The games gets better and better ...
  4. C

Divinity: Original Sin

I have liked D:OS a lot so far. The camera movement is the only thing I still haven't get used to but otherwise the game has been just brilliant. What I really like is lack of hand holding so the player has to discuss with NPCs, read journal and explore to find a way forward. I very much hope...
  5. C

Engadget: Here's a much clearer look at Valve's new Steam Controller
  6. C

That's true but I guess Valve tries to get as many games ported as possible for official SteamOS final launch. I wouldn't mind if there's plenty of older games available as well.
  7. C

Mud / moo

I'm using telnet as well but I'm working on my own client for Sindome. BatMUD already has nice GUI made.
  8. C

Valve open sources the Direct3D to OpenGL translation layer
  9. C

top 10 favorite games

There is way too many excellent games for me so it felt impossible task to make list from top 10 favorite ones. Here is list of games I like a lot and have played recently.: Crusader Kings 2 UnReal World RPG VGA Planets X-series Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri Sindome
  10. C

I finally got my GTX 750 Ti which replaced my old HD5850. Everything worked out of the box on SteamOS - no hassle with drivers or any other work needed to be done. SteamOS started as always. So far I have been very happy to my new card. I'm able to use my old silent Nexus 400W PSU now and...
  11. C

Mud / moo

Mud / moo Any MUD/MOO players here? I have recently started to play BatMUD and Cyberpunk themed Sindome I'm not big fan of MMO games but there's something which makes me like MUDs.
  12. C

Dragon Age: Inquisition

I guess most of you have already seen this but just to make sure: Digiexpo 2013 - Dragon Age: Inquisition Gameplay
  13. C

MS creating 'open source' framework for gaming, formed new team for iOS/WP/Android

Sound like this could be Visual Studio / Xamarin C# thingy. https://xamarin.com/ - "Create Native iOS, Android, Mac and Windows apps in C#" Open source on totally closed environments and tools. Well, let's see what is coming but I'm not too excited yet.
  14. C

Your favourite game music

Well, can't say what exactly is my favorite but there are many good ones, like - Andreas Waldetoft: Crusader Kings 2
  15. C

NVidia GTX 750 and GTX 750 Ti

I ordered MSI GTX 750 Ti (150€) today and I will going to get it in Friday. This is going to be my first NVidia card ever so I'm look forward to be able to try it. I have already silent Nexus 400W PSU ready for it. Currently my SteamOS is running 850W PSU + Radeon HD5850 - loud and slow :)...
Top Bottom