Recent content by Charcharo

+
  1. C

Yen Or Triss?

I think the faulty translation + Eastern European sardonic humor made you misunderstand what Sapkowski said. At least in terms of the "intelligent" people joke. My own self esteem (in my case outright arrogance) does not depend on the thoughts of other people I (unfortunately) never met. With...
  2. C

Yen Or Triss?

You do realize that Sapkowski has written more than the Witcher? He has other works too as well as contributed to society in other ways... As for whether he writes again... that is his business. Till he is dead and buried, it ain't too late for another book or series. I play games because I...
  3. C

Yen Or Triss?

On the subject of canon and non-canon... I respect the game as its own seperate universe where the books are canon. I also understand that as a fan fiction (effectively) they can not be considered canon to the books. I believe literature is a superior art form, even if that is mostly due to...
  4. C

[SPOILERS] Dettlaff vs. Vilgefortz - Who Would Win?

This is not even close.... Even the vampire Elder with his BS CDPR Lore twist BS is not going to win against Vilgefortz (though he has a chance). Detlaff, provided it is not a stealth assassination is not going to win this.
  5. C

Papa Emhyr [Spoilers]

Incorrect sv3672. You can compare different art forms/medium/media. This has happened for thousands of years and produces results especially in remediation...
  6. C

Papa Emhyr [Spoilers]

Reality won't change just because a few months passed. :( Such is life really, but I do mean it (and think it is obvious to anyone that that is the case).
  7. C

Papa Emhyr [Spoilers]

Technically speaking, Sapkowski is far better than CDPR's writers. And his books are far better than the games. Just pointing it out :P
  8. C

What's with Yennefer and Emhyr?

Well if you say so. I guess I have beat this dead horse for a long time. It is obvious to anyone anyway, so I guess it is useless to keep on stating it. Even you agree here generally, but I will try to be less cynical and not "insult" them. I can see how it may piss some people. So I will tone...
  9. C

Well that is more of an issue of the games simplifying for the average gamer. Cutting stuff and making it less complex for a lower end audience. It is to be expected out of video games after all. However I would still agree with you if it weren't for the fact that Witcher 1, 2 and 3 have...
  10. C

Sapkowski is ultimately the person who says what goes in the books. That is true. But in this case, even if completely inferior to him otherwise, CDPR ARE the ones who say what goes in their games. That is why I said the games take the books as canon. But the books do not take the games as...
  11. C

So... since Witcher 3 is mostly made by different writers and many different developers to Witcher 2... does that mean Witcher 2 is not canon to Witcher 3? Does that not invalidate some of your concerns about the game? The games take the books as canon... not the other way around. You are using...
  12. C

Did Witcher 3 *REALLY* Have Good Choices & Consequences?

It is complex. The best possible situation is to have a mixture of choices with immediate consequences, long term consequences and choices that do not ACTUALLY have viewable by the player consequences (real life is like that sometimes). A balance is required. The scenarios must make sense too...
  13. C

Should we have the choice to break-up with Triss/Yen and romance Yen/Triss?

I do not want to insult you mate, so do not take it like that... but if that is the entire depth you could extract from Geralt, Yennefer and their history, EVEN in the inferior video game version... then perhaps talking about storylines, themes and characters is not something that you should be...
  14. C

Triss Merigold of Maribor (All Spoilers) Resurgence

Yeah they should have totally and completely ignored the gamers. Would have been better had it been more faithful to the books first and then to have built up actual game only-lore with the previous titles. Much more impressive and genre-defining for a game to do that rather than be watered down...
  15. C

For book readers: Your Favorite Short Story?

Well Something More is probably the best written and most impressive of the bunch... But for me it is A Little Sacrifice.
Top Bottom