Recent content by Daniel_Lowe

+
  1. Daniel_Lowe

Did CDPR miss a great chance by not incl. Retro wave?

Couldn't have said it better myself :ok:
  2. Daniel_Lowe

First of all, Retrowave as it is today, was not even a thing in the 80s - It is a thing from the 2010s and forward. It just takes from the synth styled music that the 80s used to use in movies taking place in the future. Even that style of music back then was often used in CP styled movies -...
  3. Daniel_Lowe

No, musical style is the least of the game's problems, yet the writing is good enough for me to look beyond the many hiccups the game has. For example, I LOVE the interactions with Panam, and her character is so well written IMO. Will give Ghostrunner a chance :D
  4. Daniel_Lowe

Yet, you are ok with the music being 90s style? Also, the retro wave isn't 80s, it is how the 80s interpreted how music would sound in the future, specifically CP.
  5. Daniel_Lowe

But would it be realistic to hear what we hear today in 2077? That's my point - That is why Retro wave is often used as the music of the future thru the 80s lense - It's 80s but not really 80s. Just like the cars and clothing is what people in the 80s imagined it would look like, while it...
  6. Daniel_Lowe

Also, was never really into the garage, underground, grungy style of music in the 90s in the first place, so I am perhaps biased. 1608670484 Not really since the 80s tho? - Other than Stranger Things. Id say the 90s style we are seeing now, has been beaten even more to death than retro wave...
  7. Daniel_Lowe

100% agreed - I have always connected this style of music to the 80s interpretation of the future which was often cyberpunk-themed. 1608670246 Actually, remember this now that you post it! Can't say I agree in any way. CP is an 80s construct, and I think the music in the game is a little to...
  8. Daniel_Lowe

For sure, it is not cyberpunk as such, but in recent times, retro wave has become synonymous with Cyberpunk imo. There is a lot of potential with the badlands, I agree! :) Can't wait for custom radio btw.
  9. Daniel_Lowe

So, I have moaned and complained about the game enough now, and after having time to actually play the game - I have now cooled down a great bit. Looking away from bugs, horrible AI, and subpar graphics on last-gen - The game IMO has the potential to be a 10/10 game, the writing, voice acting...
  10. Daniel_Lowe

Cyberpunk 2077 User Reviews & Impressions

Oh well, probably for the best. Does anyone know why we cannot post or read personal reviews at Meta yet? I mean the game is fully released.
  11. Daniel_Lowe

Witcher was playable and did not under deliver graphically. I got what I was shown. Yes, it was buggy, but it was playable, and the marketing was not dishonest. Legacies are made with goodwill, and the way they used to treat their customers - I am a little too old to be a fanboy, but CDPR had...
  12. Daniel_Lowe

Wow, Something must have happened at CDPR for this sorry excuse of a game to come out and completely ruin their legacy. Like, in my book, they are now at the same tier as UBISOFT and BETHESDA. They knew this game was in a sorry state - They made us wait 8 years, suffer countless postponements...
  13. Daniel_Lowe

On ps4 the game is so blurry unbeareble

Agreed, in busy areas, it looks like I am watching a YT video from 2005 at max 480p..... Seriously immersion breaking for me.
  14. Daniel_Lowe

I am using an EU later gen 500GB. And it is not smooth or good looking on my end :( Believe me, I would love for nothing more than for it to be playable, as I am sure the game itself is great!
  15. Daniel_Lowe

Put this in another thread. Will put it here aswell. I wrote this to CDPR, Dear CDPR, This is from a person who has always trusted you and always spoken well of you to people who had shit to say. That goodwill is gone now! I am playing (Or rather played) on a base PS4, and the game is just...
Top Bottom