Recent content by Domhnallaich

+
  1. D

A New Saga Begins

I am a huge Witcher fan. So much so that I don't actually want CDPR to churn out Witcher games every few years - the games are special and that approach risks diluting them. That said, CDPR are more than capable of making an amazing Witcher game....provided the reasons for doing so are founded...
  2. D

Witcher series for Netflix confirmed!

I was expecting the Netflix show to be very close to the books. Watching through a second time knowing this was not the case, allowed me to distance the show from the books. It was enjoyable - I don't like getting hung up on every little thing I don't like. It is just a TV show at the end of...
  3. D

So I am on my second sitting of The Witcher Netflix. I am enjoying it even more this time around because, my expectations are no longer a factor and I am now watching the show for what it is - a re-imagining of the books. I think it is an excellent show and the acting is really good. I would...
  4. D

I have two episodes left. Overall I am really enjoying the show and I think for the most part, they got the casting spot on. Was surprised by Foltest but by no means does it ruin the show. The biggest issue I have is with how much they have diverged from the books. I don't mind things being...
  5. D

Replaying TW3, Gwent feels so different

I have read the stuff about homecoming. I really hope they can make Gwent shine and feel the way Damien Monnier and the small team originally envisaged. One of the great things about it for me, is that there was a simplicity to it but, it got far to overly complicated for my liking. It felt...
  6. D

Because that is what Gwent was all about, it was fundamental to how you played the game. The game is not Gwent without it.
  7. D

Replaying TW3, Gwent feels so different Just started re-playing TW3 and I did not realise how much Gwent has changed. Two things that I prefer in vanilla Gwent is: - Cards need to last entire match, no extras. Some minor caveats, - Cards specific to rows. When I played new Gwent recently, I...
  8. D

Last Wish (Book)

Like most stories, the characters will develop but, you will also learn more about why they are the way they are, their motivations etc. Yen is a hard woman to like, especially at the beginning but keep reading. I am not going to say you will like her more but, you will at least understand her...
  9. D

The Witcher 3 patch for PS4 and PS4 Pro is out!

Must be the same magic in my PS4, as I am not experiencing any issues. Can't you just un-install the data on PS4 or, re-install the game and download the save data from PS+? I already stated, CDPR are good for doing things like this. If I were them, I would be wondering why I bothered, for...
  10. D

The Witcher 3 patch for PS4 and PS4 Pro is out!

Quite shocked at many of the responses I am reading here with regards to the HDR patch. When TW3 released, HDR was not a feature of this game (planned or otherwise) and, CDPR did not have to include support for this given the game is now several years old. However, they did and what do you do...
  11. D

SOLVED Major graphical glitches - 1.6.1. PS4 Slim + HDR

Not sure this will help but.... I noticed very different HDR results when using different profiles. For example, when using my LG TV on Game mode, everything appeared very dull. Switching to any other mode, made the screen brighten up significantly. So, try that and also try adjusting the...
  12. D

Playing Witcher 1 after I played Witcher 3 and then Witcher 2

The Witcher 1 was amazing. Especially when you consider this: CDPR were not a game development company, they localised games to sell to the Polish market. Basically, they wanted to make a game, decided on the watcher, learned to code games and came out with The Witcher. The effort those guys...
  13. D

Returning Player - What Has Changed?

Thanks...and your end comment made me lol so much :D
  14. D

Thank you very much :)
  15. D

Awesome, thanks for the info, much appreciated :)
Top Bottom