Recent content by draconis184

+
  1. D

Possible to fight against Orianna ?

The timeline doesn't make sense, though. It's possible that the vampire we see from A Night to Remember is indeed Orianna, and it plays in the future when Geralt returns for her. However, in the Witcher 2, you can clearly see the fang marks on Geralt's neck, on the exact spot where the vampiress...
  2. D

Possible to fight against Orianna ?

It's a cutscene that plays out when you commit to seeking out the Unseen Elder
  3. D

[SPOILERS] Blood&Wine Discussion thread

The thing is, Dandelion is the one writing Geralt's Glossary and notes about characters. If Geralt romances Anna Henrietta, Dandelion will know and add that bit into her character's description accordingly. What do you think our poet will write in there? "It saddens my heart to have ever call...
  4. D

About Blood and Wine (SPOILERS)

I just took a closer look at the world map, and I notice that the distance (as a bird flies) from Novigrad to Kaer Morhen is about the same as from Novigrad to Toussaint. If we travel by road, I dare say it's even shorter to Toussaint, since it's a well known kingdom with lots of connection...
  5. D

Game Geralt vs Book Geralt

Wait... maybe that's why he gets so much fall damage. Mind blown!
  6. D

Emotional, sad questlines: Bloody Baron vs von Everec

But you have to remember than Gaunter is an even worse dick than Olgierd ever was
  7. D

I agree it's a tough choice. I think each has its own strength and weaknesses, but I do think the von Everec questline make for a better story. It has more Sapkowski vibe to it than the Bloody Baron does. The Baron's story is, well, I don't know, more like some post-modernist story about abuse...
  8. D

When discussing such topics, I'd rather avoid all the gameplay context, ie. when Geralt is influenced by the player. Rather, I'd stick to the cutscenes of the mainstory. In this case, game Geralt is exempt from player's mistakes, as those aren't cannon.
  9. D

When I said Book Geralt gets beaten fairly often, I don't mean he gets beat in a fair fight. Usually it results from him having to fight against multiple opponents, or opponents that are vastly stronger than he expected. I'm sure with proper preparations, he'll fare much better. The point is, I...
  10. D

Best armor sets(aesthetically)

I think Lambert's jacket is a reskin of a set of armor found in TW 2. I like the Wolven set, except for the cropping issues whenever Geralt turns his head. Just immersion breaking. Skellige armor is nice, the best of the bunch. But I always have to mod it to medium armor.
  11. D

Game Geralt vs Book Geralt While we all have to admit CDP did an oustanding job at bringing Sapkowski's imagination into games. The atmosphere is spot on, the music absolutely fits, the characters immediately reconizable... there are still some differences between the main protagonists. Here...
  12. D

Northern Kingdoms: Games vs Books

The Oxenfurt Academy, THE university of the Northern Kingdoms ended up being 3-4 medieval houses stacked together. Looks like it can barely house 25 students, let alone all 7 faculties, lecture halls, dormitories and whatnot.
  13. D

I believe she mentioned something alone the line of having family issues because of alcoholism
  14. D

Emotional, sad questlines: Bloody Baron vs von Everec A simple debate, really. Which questline do you think is more emotional? What punched you harder in the guts? The moment you see the botchling and the guilt on Baron's face, or the moment when you watch Iris' painted world crumble into...
  15. D

For book readers: Your Favorite Short Story?

I have to admit the fight scene in the Lesser Evil was awesome! But I think the best combat scenes come from the later novels.
Top Bottom