Recent content by Drew22881

+
  1. D

The Emperor's Own

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/548689230/the-emperors-own Looks like whoever's making this is a huge fan of The Witcher. 30 minutes in, already found two references. :p But the game actually looks really cool. Love the Imperial Russia setting and the characters are really well written.
  2. D

Personal Milestone

Eh. Rookie numbers. :)
  3. D

The Witcher Turns 13!

It's been 13 years? Damn I'm old... :p
  4. D

Ghosts of Tsushima

So anyone play it yet? How's the story?
  5. D

The Witcher 1 and The Witcher 3

There's a lot more that makes up a game than atmosphere alone, and overall I though the Witcher 3 was the better game, and by a significant margin. Having said that, I agree completely, the atmosphere in the Witcher 1 is second to none.
  6. D

Poll: Who Would You Like to See as the Protagonist for "The Witcher 4"?

Geralt. I know his story is over. I know it's not going to happen. But I want to see Geralt.
  7. D

Black Book

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/morteshka/black-book-an-rpg-rooted-in-slavic-mythology Just heard about this game today. Looks like an indie Witcher in some respects. Obviously nowhere near the budget or production values that CPDR has, but does seem to capture a similar Slavic fantasy...
  8. D

Favorite Quest Line in The Witcher series?

I loved Novigrad in the Witcher 3. Getting there for the first time, exploring every nook and cranny, catching up with old friends, it was one of the best gaming experiences I've ever had.
  9. D

Assassin's Creed: Origins - The most boring RPG (?)

Seriously. What's with this trend of every game out there having to be this crazy 100+ hour sandbox full of filler content? There are a lot of games out there that look cool, but I haven't bought simply because I don't have that kind of time.
  10. D

Elex

Sounds like the Witcher 1 to be honest, which was an amazing game IMO. How's the story in Elex? Is it on par with the first Witcher? If so, I might need to check it out.
  11. D

Oh my...

Geralt isn't much like he is in the books either. In the books he's much more whiny and introspective, while in the games he's more of a kick-ass-and-take-names badass.
  12. D

How many difficulties will there be?

Hopefully it's more balanced across the game. I played Witcher 3 on death march, and the hardest fight by far was with a pack of wolves at level 3. Most of the rest of the game was too easy, with the Wild Hunt being a complete joke.
  13. D

What does everyone think about "THRUSTING AND VARIOUS POSITIONS" CONFIRMED.....

If it's manual, then it's definitely AO in the US. :p
  14. D

Geopolitical Backdrop of the Witcher Games (clarification sought)

The Witcher 1 matches the atmosphere quite closely, the other games IMO less so. The main characters in the games I would say are quite different from the books. Geralt is less whiny, Triss is less needy, Yen is less bitchy, and Ciri is... well less of a f*ucking psychopath. :)
  15. D

How do you feel about Early Access?

I think it's a great way to support interesting projects from small studios. On the flip side there's a lot of trash and outright scams on EA, so buyer beware.
Top Bottom