Recent content by DrewjiLA

+
  1. D

Suggestion 4 Final Build

The turn switching when an opponent passes has been covered on this forum a thousand times. It is necessary for how the game mechanics work. Cards like Octvist and Reaver Hunter and many more depend on how many turns are covered in a round and need the switching even when someone passes. They've...
  2. D

SUGGESTION: Dont mix PC with XBOX (make this as option).

The purchasing ability is the major distinction. I would have gotten the beta on PC had I known I couldn't buy kegs on XB1. I don't want to dismantle every card just to have access to only deck that could still be better... It is a real disadvantage as it's basically F2P vs P2W players in its...
  3. D

What are your thoughts of the new card designs?

New design looks great and the information conveyed is vital. Agree they are perhaps a little big and dramatic, but I'll take it. The big note, as others have said, is that Bronze/Silver/Gold are not easily readable on the battlefield. Definitely needs to be tweaked to be more visible. And the...
  4. D

Current Card List - Gwentify

You're right and I try not to. I knew about Yugioh, but since there isn't a popular digital version the comparison didn't seem as prescient. Both are just different takes on instants in MTG -- I wish we could see something more innovative on the Gwent side, instead of a similar take. There are...
  5. D

Those restrictions are out dated. Now it's just Deck Size Minimum 25 - Max 4 Gold, Max 6 Silver, rest can be Bronze. Special cards fall into those three categories, so you could theoretically have a 25 card special deck if they make enough.
  6. D

Really trying to be a decent person and wait till we have full card list to know how this all plays out, but..... Traps is super disappointing... Didn't feel necessary and another thing I can explain by saying, "It's like [secrets] in Hearthstone"... Sigh...
  7. D

+4 effect doesn't stack ?

We need to get past the idea that every card should be the best card in the game. The Ice Giant takes more work to get to 11 than the Manticore, but he won't get debuffed in weather like the Manticore would in rain. There could also be Scorch effects for specific rows where you'd rather have a 7...
  8. D

when you play a card you should get 20 seconds of extra time on your turn.

We should get a full minute minimum, but preferably 70 seconds or so. Unless we're allowed to turn off animations completely, to suggest you get the full 45 seconds as is it right now is also a lie - bringing up the graveyard, drawing new cards (to choose from), etc. eat into the already short...
  9. D

How is your opinion about new drawing mechanic?

Muster doesn't seem to pull from hand anymore, so a lot of the problems with muster and card draw mechanic are alleviated btw
  10. D

Thread to discuss middle ground ideas/ solutuon to CDPR's issues with some mechanics.

I agree, though there can be things done to address the third round card draw and its implications. But yes, RNG has a place -- check out videos Brian Kibler has on Hearthstone RNG for a good perspective. And also agreed on The Last Wish. It's a great card and well worth it. Card filtering is...
  11. D

Thread to discuss middle ground ideas/ solutuon to CDPR's issues with some mechanics.

Does it though? We've heard a lot of people who did very successfully with Monsters during the stress test. Weather effects were powerful enough to make up for slight muster disadvantages. There are ways to build your deck to make use of the system. I don't think drawing a second muster card...
  12. D

Correct me if wrong, but the muster mechanic has changed, has it not? During the KTS 2, all musters I saw or played summoned only from Deck or created - they didn't pull from your hand. While drawing more (at the beginning or between rounds) still hurts Muster decks in that your individual cards...
  13. D

Do you reading this like drawing 2 cards at the end of round 1, and 1 card at the end of round 2.

I think removing the 3rd round draw and keeping round 2 is fine and a good solution. With more manageable spies and these filtering cards like The Last Wish, it should balance out nicely.
  14. D

After KTS 2

The decks were somewhat balanced, not totally, and they were definitely under-powered and simplistic. It was a great test and much improved and I've come off the harsh attitude against the card draw mechanic. That said, I do think the round 3 draw 1 is a problem. Drawing on round 2 isn't as bad...
  15. D

My thoughts on the latest card changes

What about Elven Mercenary pulling out The Last Wish? Is that just a bug or is that planned? It happens in stress test right now. I'm in favor of it not being able to pull a gold card, even if it's special. Universality about the rules helps understanding.
Top Bottom