Recent content by dunadan5

+
  1. dunadan5

I've missed the even card back, right?

I've been busy lately and only noticed the event today. Considering the Party even card back requires seven daily quests... That means I can't get it now, right?
  2. dunadan5

Netflix's The Witcher - Season 2

Overall I liked the second season more than the first. Having read the books the first one somewhat bored me as it felt like we were just going through the motions. I enjoyed the fact that the second season dared to do things different. Personally I think that most of the things they did do...
  3. dunadan5

Poll - did you want your games to last longer?

As many people have already said above; it does depend. There are many games, which clock in at fairly short runtimes but pack a great story that you're glued to for the duration. It's not always necessary for the game to be long. That said I do like a lengthy game. However it needs to be long...
  4. dunadan5

Hard to get (back) into Gwent

As far as the new abilities and cards go, I think it's best to start by playing one faction and gradually trying new things in your deck. It's better to learn slowly but make progress than it is to try to learn everything at once and be overwhelmed. You'll get there in the end. Another...
  5. dunadan5

Baldur's Gate III

I think it makes sense to use the name if you can. BG is a much more recognisable name, even to people who aren't normally interested in rpg games. Dragonlance or even Forgotten Realms does not have the same broad appeal. If you were making a game and you knew that for the same amount of time...
  6. dunadan5

Reasons of State quest, how would you want it to redone?

Yes, this one... I think this is the one and only quest that I remember not liking in my playthroughs of the game. It really stuck out as missing the varied options and approaches which I liked elsewhere in W3. This by comparison seemed very simplistic, especially odd given the importance of the...
  7. dunadan5

I'm free! FREE!!! Of masteries :)

Hah, yeah you're right. In my head I always use the full name so I often forget what the abbreviations are. I've done Onslaught already, back in the days when it was a different ability, although I cannot remember which one it used to be. Out of Skellige the last remaining masteries I have left...
  8. dunadan5

Baldur's Gate III

Here's a question to all the old guard players. I'm genuinely interested, not being snide. I say that because I have a tendency to sound sarcastic anyways. If BG, BG2, Icewind Dale, Planscape and etc were released in a modernised version would you buy them? For clarity by modernised I meant...
  9. dunadan5

Regis' Journey Begins

Well... the latest chapter of the journey story has managed to be pretty dark. Not that I was expecting a happy ending in the Witcher setting. But still, I didn't think it would be quite as depressing. I'm glad I did my daily matches done before reading it...
  10. dunadan5

Funnily enough I know so little about the SK faction decks that I don't even know what that means. I've recently finished the mastery, which boosts units in your hand. The devotion card, which shares the boosts helped a lot. Though I still felt like there were too few boost-giving cards to make...
  11. dunadan5

Baldur's Gate III

I figure that for some people the a game in a series that hasn't been continued for so many years will always be ruined by the mere fact of its existence. People have been putting the old games on a pedestal for so long that many will be instantly primed to compare it unfavourably to the...
  12. dunadan5

Sounds Sounds good. One day I'll reach that plateau as well and enjoy my NR boost decks again. Til then - SK decks as far as the eye can see.
  13. dunadan5

Hard to get (back) into Gwent

For coming back into the game I think the best advice I can give you is to try to set your sights low for now and try to cobble together some average decks which don't rely on specific expensive or rare cards. It's always much better to have the best cards on hand but that doesn't mean that you...
  14. dunadan5

2500 hours to reach Level 60 for the 10th time!

Well done! :howdy: One of the Gwent-life goals reached at last. May your barrels overflow with moving cards, as strange as it is to say that. Personally I'm an on-and-off Gwentist so I've been slow to get even the lower ranks but it is nice to see others having reached the milestones and to...
  15. dunadan5

Hah, it's nice to see other people undertaking the same foolhardy self-imposed quests as me. Well done! I'm about halfway there myself. I don't know what I'll do once I'm done. How about you? Any new quests in mind now that you're free and clear at last?
Top Bottom