Recent content by ebernanit

+
  1. E

Integrated video cards and games

Pot meet kettle... What's really funny is that you seem to think that the mod is the one who needs an attitude adjustment.Most people understand that the pixel shader 2.0 requirement is a hardware requirement not a software requirement. Also by your own admission the x1200 is weaker than the...
  2. E

Gaming systems

I agree that the 260 216 is a great value right now I would also include the 4870 as a great value and I haven't seen the prices yet but the new 270 might be an interesting option. The rebranding goes a little farther than the 9000 series, check out the new 240's and 250's. The 250 is a...
  3. E

Gaming systems

Yeah I realize that my graphics card is the bottleneck in my new system but the other stuff pretty much wiped out my computer budget for a while, and if you look at the specs for my old system I think you'll agree that it needed replaced. If I could have picked up another 8800gt cheaply I would...
  4. E

Gaming systems

Until about one month ago my specs were:AMD Athlon 64 3700+@2.5 Ghz(single core, stock cooling)Asrock Dual-SATAII(skt 939)Gskill 400 Mhz DDR@410Mhz 2.5-3-3-98800 GTOnboard Audio(junk)Cooler Master Extreme 500wDVD RWCD RWThe specs on my new system are:Intel Core i7 920@3.8 Ghz W/Hyper Threading...
  5. E

What OS are you using and why?

XP Pro and W7 beta. Vista is much better than it used to be but it still has too many issues for my taste and the only real advantage is the nicer looking interface. If I cared much about the interface though I would go with compiz-fusion over aero, it looks nicer and requires less resources. In...
Top Bottom