Recent content by Eltyris

+
  1. E

Other games and Cyberpunk 2077: what could latter borrow from them?

Controls, Animations, Movement: Tomb Raider/MGSV CDPR tried to go with more "weighty"/realistic type of control, but it really highlighted flaws in their technical skills, and it ended up having ( almost comically) opposite results...supernaturally agile acrobat/swordmaster ended up feeling far...
  2. E

"You fire your gun at a human enemy 10 levels higher than you - headshot."

Exactly. And since CDPR has confirmed real time fully under player control gameplay, that means rpg mechanics have to be different than how they are handled in crpgs. You are assuming that there are always different solutions to same problems that can have as good results as result of "sheer...
  3. E

It's not a question if is an rpg or a shooter, it's how gameplay mechanics reflect on player experience...as you put it, "clarity of it". What is good game design? Roughly speaking, it's when different aspects/mechanics/etc of the game are coherent, complement one another, act together to...
  4. E

Itemization in this game

I would rather ditch crafting all together..it's fine in survival or resource gathering games: they are more direct and have less clutter to deal with ( Last of Us, Alien Isolation, etc) or resource gathering makes a central aspect of the game, being directly tied to difficulty/world/encounter...
  5. E

Both are wrong approaches, as classical rpg progression simply does not translate well into modern third/first person gameplay. It was non issue In crpgs like Fallout or Baldur's Gate: you did not directly control your aim or see enemy from a very close perspective. In this case CDPR should...
  6. E

Your Fears For the Game - Combined Thread

After GTA online, I can't see how they would not be tempted, but they've kind of pushed themselves into a corner here with their pro-gamer rep. And if they introduce something that even smells of micro transactions...make no mistake: all that goodwill will melt away and CDPR will be crucified by...
  7. E

I agree and it's a shame devs rarely communicate here, but this is more like having your math teacher ask you: Uhh, how goes that Phytagorean theorem again? What's bizarre is how developers seem to copy one another's design without thinking without really thinking about crucial differences in...
  8. E

Not really...there are definite, objective, reasons why certain type of design is praised next to others. Do you think that Arkane games, for instance, are regarded for some of the best level design, simply because some people "like it"? It involves comprehensive study and understanding of...
  9. E

They could try and do something similar to Gothic. It's one thing to pull out a gun and shoot someone. It's entirely different finishing someone who's in pain laying on the ground, obvious state of panic, clutching for their life.
  10. E

Hmm, am I the only one worried that CDPR's lead designer is asking these questions? I mean, this is not rocket science or something you need a Tesla to figure out. Let's hope Rowley is simply gauging people's thoughts on this.
  11. E

Multiplayer Idea(s)

It could work if we had some kind of in game world editor, like in Fallout 4 settlement mode. Something that would be done outside , perhaps netrunning? So you could "create" something like high security compound, entry points, assign cameras, security, patrol routes, place items, etc...the full...
  12. E

More extensive armor/durability system with different destruction models would also be interesting. It could play a key role when gunfight breaks loose, target weakest segment to best effect. Also, based on encounter threat "level", there would be different variation of enemies. Low threat...
  13. E

This has always been a problem, especially with rpgs...only it was not criticized 'cause old games were so muh better! In Gothic I , you could end up hitting enemy indefinitely if you did not pass a damage treshold..second was only slightly "better". Price, how available it is, easy to...
  14. E

Obviously, enemy of "high level" should not be walking around without helmet/heavy protection gear. In this case, no levels should exist and gear/cyberware/AI aggression should play a larger role in differentiating level of threat to the player, while designers should present all this more...
  15. E

"So you're playing your dream RPG. When not questing, what are you doing?"

Ideally I'm imagining a side activities "create your own narrative" "campaign" where limited amount of players could play together, taking part of each role. It would be "linear", ( netrunner hacks the net->acquired by fixer-> sells it to corporate->media...etc) like a play, but every role...
Top Bottom