Recent content by empari

+
  1. empari

Qualitative research study about Witcher 3

1. Czech, English, a bit German and Russian 2. Czech. We're quite homogeneous 3. English. Czech translation was perfect but I just prefer to practice English in games. 4. Some names are different but I guess that comes from the English translation of the books. Other that that, I cannot really...
  2. empari

Fairly disappointed leveled enemies are still in.

Your explanation is actually excellent. I mean we can - and we probably do - expect some tough heavily augmented enemies or enemies wearing military grade top tier armour etc. It makes perfect sense that they would be spongy and maybe not even killable with weaker guns. But as you basically say...
  3. empari

Fairly disappointed leveled enemies are still in.

Leveled enemies are definitely not something I'd love but as long as it fits the bigger picture of the RPG mechanics and doesn't break the immersivity too much I can live with that. But what I would really HATE are absurd bulletsponges like in The Division. I was sooo hyped for that game but...
  4. empari

Get ready.

I thought I was maybe overhyping you...and yet I underestimated you vastly. Congratulations for your throne of the most anticipated game in history. Well deserved, enjoy the spolights!
  5. empari

Weekly Poll 06/02/19 - 9 Days Till E3 2019!

My eyes will be watching at my 55" TV where I´m also going to play the game (when it's ready...) but my soul would be right there in LA.
  6. empari

THE Release Date Speculation thread. [Confirmed: 16.04.2020]

Just my two cents on this...a friend of mine went into hospital with an injured finger and the doctor said that's without any hopes going to be amputated right away. He literally fled to another hospital and the finger was saved there (free healthcare here, so not a money issue). Another guy in...
  7. empari

Mods in Cyberpunk 2077?

I'm just here to say thank you for the concern about the community. All your steps, when given proper explanation, just feel right and it is something to be really apprecitated in these times and it's one of the reasons why I actually decided to invest in some of your stocks back then...Godspeed
  8. empari

I need some help for my thesis

Now that's interesting field of research. Best luck with your thesis @MistoElectra! Would you share the results with us in the future, please?
  9. empari

Weekly Poll 1/28/19 - Endgame

Dynamic quests are something I don't want in the main game but it's actually something I'd welcome very much post game. I still remember how empty and sad felt TW3 after the ending. It's better to just show credits and bid farewell than that. Some random, at least a little meaningful things to...
  10. empari

The word "Witcher" (translation)

In Czech (language somehow relative to Polish) it is "Zaklínač" which is also a completely new word. It's not even devived from the feminine witch as in other languages because we actually have a masculine word for it. It's derived from a word "zaklínadlo" which means something like an...
  11. empari

Weekly Poll 9/10/18 - Exact Dialogue or Rephrased Dialogue?

Rephrased, please! It's boring as hell to read the answer and then just hear the exact same thing again. This way I would not enjoy the voice acting of the protagonist for a bit and that would be a big shame. I actually never skipped a dialogue in TW3 as I loved the voiceacting. I would be...
  12. empari

Gamescom 2018 General Thread

I honestly hope this was just CDPR trolling the IGN for their crappy E3 performance. Otherwise it's probably time to leave the forums and the sub and put the hype to the ice for time being. If this is all we get, then I see no point following the news. I don't have that much for gaming anymore -...
  13. empari

Enemy AI Cleverness

Well..yeah. But I was thinking like: (the AI calculating) The player has 85% avg accuracy, so for this boss fight I'll have 95% accuracy to give him real challenge. For casual fights I'll drop to 75% accuracy to keep him engaged and yet not frustrated. Or: the player is clearly setting an...
  14. empari

Enemy AI Cleverness

But what if the AI wasn't programmed to purposely beat the player? It could be programmed to "read" the player's abilities and patterns and then provide him with an ultimate personalised challenge - and letting him win in a rewarding way if he plays exceptionally well. Or if he plays just...
  15. empari

ATTENTION - The TPP FPP THREAD IS CLOSED FOR NOW. OTHERS WILL BE DELETED

This is a bit offtopic so I don't mind being deleted, but I feel it's worth mentioning and sharing. CDRP confirmed on subreddit, that we can see our body while in FPP. Being a dull floating camera completely destroys the immersion while playing a story driven game for me and being able to see my...
Top Bottom