Recent content by Equisilus.118

+
  1. E

The Witcher Enhanced Edition rescheduled

Ugh. It's going to be much harder for me to get into The Witcher again, then. The Fall is super-crowded for me in terms of gaming, with Fallout3, Sacred2, and a bevy of other titles (and those are major releases for me). It's beginning to look like The Witcher may never get another round...
  2. E

Enhanced Edition (EE) Questions answered here

Since I already own the game, I don't have to buy it again, but if it came unedited (or un-self-censored, or whatever you want to call it) to Canada, I'd pick it up, too. Not because of any driving need to see nudity in a game, but because I'm generally anti-censorship (to an extent; I didn't...
  3. E

Crash o' rama

Are you running Vista 32-bit or 64-bit (and did you apply the recommended updates)? Have you done the usual driver updates and/or rollbacks? How about shutting down everything running in the background, including unnecessary services, disable your net connection, etc, to make sure that there's...
  4. E

Combat in the game - general discussion

I played on Easy for exactly the reason you mentioned. I don't intend on ever increasing the difficulty because that's not what The Witcher is about for me. I thought the game was fantastic sticking to a focus on story, characters, and setting, and that's all I needed.
  5. E

Vista - Crashing problem

I've been using The Witcher on Vista Ultimate 64-bit without an issue since release. What you didn't mention was whether you installed The Witcher again after upgrading from 32-bit to 64-bit versions of Vista. If not, you might try that first.Btw, patch 1.2 can be found: here.
  6. E

The Witcher - RPG of The Year at Voodoo Extreme

That's cool. Congrats. :)
  7. E

[Act IV] The four leaf clover

Yep, check back at the bridge in the early afternoon and you should be able to find them there. It took a bit for them to show up again for me, too.
  8. E

Ask the Dev Team (old one)

They stated that there will be some things in the patch that will require a restart if you want to see the fix, but otherwise you don't. It's not as if you'll apply the patch then it'll break all your current games (i.e. they'll be unplayable); you just won't see certain fixes. That's how I...
  9. E

CD Keys in Canada

It took mine a week to arrive, but that's because I sent in a request as soon as I noticed the problem when I got the game on release and had to wait until the next week before they started sending them out. Since then they've been pretty quick about it. Perhaps they ran out and have to wait...
  10. E

„A day in the life of the witcher” contest

That's true. It might be a good idea to explain to users how to take screenshots, for the uninitiated.
  11. E

EAX settings (Win XP Pro SP2)

I have the same issue, but mine is in Vista using ALchemy to enable EAX. I have to decheck the EAX box and recheck it each time I start up the game. Not a big deal, but it's necessary. In the registry, the EAX key is set at 1, so that's not the problem.
  12. E

„A day in the life of the witcher” contest

Clever idea. It'll be interesting to see the results of the contest. Will you be providing translations of any for various language entries (or is this English only)? Any rules on content?
  13. E

Ask the Dev Team (old one)

The option is a good feature to add, I agree, but autosave as a design flop? Never. Once you've assisted people who did something in their game that they can't undo, or have encountered another game glitch that could be avoided with a previous save, you'll understand just how important saves are...
  14. E

Witcher in Vista vs. XP

Vista is fine with The Witcher. I play it on Vista Ultimate 64-bit and have no issues. If you want EAX, you'll have to use ALchemy (if you have a Creative card, that is) and that takes some tweaking to get working just right, but other than that the game has been rock-solid.
  15. E

[ACT III] spend time with alvin

Heh, too true. Kinda makes you wonder about Triss. Way to be responsible, and she's supposed to be protecting Alvin, too. No wonder he burns down sheds!
Top Bottom