Recent content by EugenL

+
  1. EugenL

Alchemy Journal Entries

Apparently, the problem's not with my PC but with the Steam version of the game itself, after all. I see no other answer, so I'm gonna stick to this version unless somebody proves otherwise, which is unlikely at this point. Still, this is all very strange stuff, I'm almost positive I didn't use...
  2. EugenL

Alchemy Journal Entries

Yes, I began anew. I even tried not importing TW1 saves. Not working. Yes, the game's playable as is, but the fact that it's somewhat broken is bugging me considerably. I'll let go eventually, but I don't want to give up just yet. I'm considering giving my system a reboot (it's been asking for...
  3. EugenL

Alchemy Journal Entries

I wiped the slate clean. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to be working. For future reference, the mods I used to have are as follows: In any case, I am currently experiencing the same problems with the clean version of the game. The screenshots here were taken while running it.
  4. EugenL

Alchemy Journal Entries

Hello. I've recently started my second playthrough of The Witcher 2 and I've noticed that some of my journal entries are messed up and are missing information (see the attachments). I'm running Steam EE. I don't recall having this problem the first time. Since then I have installed a few mods...
  5. EugenL

A problem with descriptions

Apparently, one of the few mods I have installed has messed up some of the descriptions of potions, bombs and traps in the journal (everything else seems to be intact as of now). At the same time, everything is just fine when you look at the respective receipts, all the info is present. Could...
  6. EugenL

Why did Emhyr order Shillard Fitz-Österlen killed?

Thank you for your reply! As for the letters in question, I've collected them all and I, too, think that we are dealing here with a conflict of interests and a case of power struggle within the Nilfgaardian elite ("tower struggle" as we in Russia would say). That being said, I've always...
  7. EugenL

Why did Emhyr order Shillard Fitz-Österlen killed?

Can someone please explain this to me? I just don't get his reasoning. Shillard is a talented diplomat, and he served the Empire well. I saw no intention on his part to somehow betray Emhyr's trust and/or the interests of the Empire, rather quite the contrary. So why order the bold muscle to...
  8. EugenL

Welcome Thread [Archive]

To celebrate my 10th post here (finally), greetings to all y'all! I'm honestly happy to have become part of this incredible community CDPR have managed to gather (well, technically, I have been since 2007, but I'm fairly new to the forum). Just wanted to say hi and wish everybody here a good day...
  9. EugenL

Now playing [music]

10. EugenL

Blood Sword

It depends on what gaming system you are playing on. Xbox: PC: Source
  11. EugenL

Missing Journal Entries

If by chance you still need this information... AFAIK, the latter can be acquired if you give some old woman (who constantly complains she's thirsty) in Vizima a specific kind of beverage (Plum Cordial), after which she reveals to you a story from the times before the swamps became what they...
  12. EugenL

What do you think the next witcher tale can improve from thronebreaker?

Definitely there should be repercussions for certain decisions, like storming a fort FTGJ (apart from losing morale at times, which is hardly an impediment) or taking a round-out route in the swamps in order to beat up another monster and loot corpses. I kinda get why CDPR have done otherwise...
  13. EugenL

Comet

If you side with Roche, you'll find out in Chapter 2 while completing the quest to lift Sabrina's curse from Henselt that the comet is one of the omens of this curse coming to life, along with square coins and some other stuff.
  14. EugenL

Playing Witcher 1 after I played Witcher 3 and then Witcher 2

It is such a pity that you only decided to play this game because you liked the last one, and it prevents you from fully appreciating it. The Witcher was such a good game for its time, very immersive and a dear tribute to the book series (which I learned later after I rushed to my local...
  15. EugenL

[SPOILERS] The lack of Witcher 2 decisions and content in The Witcher 3.

Besides, no one says there wasn't, say, a unified Temeria at one point, or free Upper Aedirn. It's just that they were eventually overwhelmed, hence your choice didn't really matter in the end. Same with mages: sparing Radovid the effort to wipe them out in Loc Muinne doesn't mean he won't try...
Top Bottom