Recent content by fabianhjr

+
  1. fabianhjr

mech looter perk does not work due to not being able to loot robots

I have had issues where epic/legendary stuff would be unlootable, easy workaround is to create a quick-save and reload. (Though, on linux running the game on vulkan so not sure if it will help you)
  2. fabianhjr

Cyberpunk 2077 Lost 79% of its Players in the First Month

Yep, it is my case. Nvidia drivers keep crashing randomly from 5 minutes to an hour of gameplay and it is really frustrating. Will give it another go when both nvidia releases new drivers and CDPR releases more bugfixes. (Or when a 5700 XT / 6800 becomes available near MSRP and I get something...
  3. fabianhjr

I am having fun. Are you?

No, I am having crashes due to nvidia drivers since a month or two ago. :|
  4. fabianhjr

Game frequently making windows 7 freeze up

It doesn't though, plenty of people have been playing using Vulkan via vkd3d on systems without any DirectX. ( https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=cyberpunk+2077+linux ) The main difference is that AMD is stable and performant and nvidia crashes due to driver issues.
  5. fabianhjr

HIGH TEMPERATURE ON PC

I sometimes do workloads (compiling large programs) that leave my cpu usage at 100% for several minutes (up to half an hour, though rarely) and in that usage temperature _should_ remain within spec. (My 3800X on the stock air cooler doesn't go over 80ish C but it does reduce boost from ~4.4-4.7...
  6. fabianhjr

low fps

I have a similar experience but with a Ryzen 3800X, 32 GB (4x8GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 memory, and an ASUS Strix 1070 8GB. I can only play on 1080p low at 30-40 fps on the more demanding areas plus the nvidia driver likes to crash sporadically. From fellow gamers it seems like AMD is more stable...
  7. fabianhjr

CDPR needs to fix CPU usage on BOTH INTEL/RYZEN processors!

Ryzen 3800X on linux (NixOS), seeing around 30% usage across all 16 threads (8 cores with SMT) on menu/idling and 50-60% usage while playing with medium crowds.
  8. fabianhjr

A heads up, patch 1.05 launched on PC about 20 minutes ago. It might help you out.
  9. fabianhjr

System specs: NixOS (linux-5.10.1 built Mon Dec 14 2020) Ryzen 3800X 32GB (4x8GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 ASUS Strix 1070 8GB Also have the nvidia crashes, though fortunately linux doesn't crash and I can kill the cyberpunk process and restart it; tried both 455.45.01 (latest stable) and 460.27.04...
Top Bottom