Recent content by FiveByWire

+
  1. FiveByWire

So... there will be crunch...

All those rpg elements and legacy stats/jobs/promises won't remove themselves, OP. To make a sub-par GTA clone you have to have a little crunch time.
  2. FiveByWire

Do Not Be Afraid About CP2077

Considering they have stopped officially marketing the game as an RPG on their social media and promotional materials, I wouldn't get too excited unless your idea of a "groundbreaking western RPG" is a Far Cry or GTA clone with a small skill tree.
  3. FiveByWire

Stop drawing conclusions when CDPR openly states that things are placeholders and subject to change.

I don't doubt it will sell well and get heaps of good reviews. I doubt that it will be an actual RPG. That's my primary worry. Every new build they show is less and less like a WRPG and more like Far Cry.
  4. FiveByWire

Greedfall: A weird Victorian/fantasy hybrid open-world RPG from Spiders

Huh, has third party cut scenes and a decent character creator.
  5. FiveByWire

FPP only cutscenes might be a deal-breaker for me

It's not about perspective anymore. That just made me look harder at all the stuff I'd been ignoring since my first day pre-order. I just am not confident it will be an actual RPG anymore and not just an FPS with some RPG elements.
  6. FiveByWire

This. I've never pre-ordered a Far Cry game so I cancelled my pre-order for this one. It might surprise me next year, but looking at the direction they are taking I don't think it will.
  7. FiveByWire

Multiplayer confirmed

I do not want co-op in any way, shape, or form. Putting mp co-op in the game means they build single-player content AROUND multiplayer, either in the base game or in future content. This is just an "open-world action multiplayer" game now.
  8. FiveByWire

There's a [now defunct] rumor that the bathtub sequence in last year's demo has been scrapped

It wouldn't surprise me if they cut the majority of what we saw in the tech demo last year considering a two year production schedule.
  9. FiveByWire

Customization seems so limited/poor..

According to their official twitter description, it's now an "action/open world story game" and not an RPG. Take that how you will. And where can they pull 100+ hours out in a two year development cycle? A more recent comparison: Mass Effect Andromeda. 200 people, 18 month development cycle...
  10. FiveByWire

You are not facing reality. The game has, according to the developers, gone through multiple builds. CDPR is still a relatively small studio compared to something like Bioware or Bethesda, which means it can't run concurrent large projects. Those builds were probably small and limited in scope...
  11. FiveByWire

You're right, it's my fault for expecting an RPG from the most successful WRPG house of the last few years. My bad. Totally an entitled consumer.
  12. FiveByWire

Looking at the whole picture, this seems more and more like a Far Cry clone than an RPG. It makes sense for it to have limited customization options, because that's not the focus of the game. Focus of the game will be moving from one mission and shootout to the next, listening to Keanu quotes...
  13. FiveByWire

And you just hit the nail on the head. I don't know how they don't have enough money from The Witcher, but I guess they don't. Really, really sad. The world needs fewer "open world FPS" games rather than more of them.
  14. FiveByWire

The case for first person cutscenes

Boy, sure wish they would do that in the actual game instead of a bullshot.
  15. FiveByWire

Or maybe you should just play a modded Skyrim? Most people wanted an actual RPG out of this, considering the PnP background.
Top Bottom