Recent content by freakie1one

+
  1. F

The General Videogame Thread

I was testing out a beta patch where the weapon weights were being rebalanced and ended up having some silly things occur because of it: (btw, thrusts are amazing!)
  2. F

Building a gaming PC

I tested out The Witcher 3 with SLI and max settings; I'm averaging around 85 FPS at 3440x1440. It'll range between 70-110 FPS but it's very smooth with G-sync turned on (which caps the FPS at 100). The HB SLI bridge that came with the GPU is a 3 slot bridge and I need a 2 slot bridge so I'm...
  3. F

Building a gaming PC

Okay, I finally got my second GTX 1080 installed and here's the benchmark results: http://www.3dmark.com/spy/187151 Grr, there's still 2% of the benchmarks results that are faster than my PC setup... people must have some insane overclocks lol.
  4. F

Building a gaming PC

When I watched that about a week ago I noticed he used a lot of the same parts as my new build... even the same monitor! Terry's got good taste ;).
  5. F

Building a gaming PC

I'm not sure if the software is available for Linux but I know there are utilities in Windows such as EVGA Precision (only works with Nvidia cards) or MSI Afterburner (works with both Nvidia and AMD) that allow you to set custom fan profiles. Using those you can set custom fan curves which allow...
  6. F

Building a gaming PC

I wasn't trying to turn it into a pissing contest between AMD and Nvidia, I was just curious if past AMD cards also had this feature (regardless of whether or not they were reference or aftermarket designs) due to not using one in over a decade. Thanks for the info :).
  7. F

Building a gaming PC

Is this a new feature for AMD cards? I haven't used an AMD card in about 15 years or so... but I know that Nvidia cards have been doing this for a few generations already. It's a nice feature to have if you want a silent PC :).
  8. F

Building a gaming PC

I entered a contest that Gigabyte posted on their site about a week ago (they were giving away 5 GTX 1080 Xtreme Gaming cards) and ended up winning one of the cards :). Now I'm thinking I'll SLI the two cards so I'm definitely glad I went with an 850 watt PSU lol.
  9. F

Building a gaming PC

Well, I got my Gigabyte 1080 Waterforce in and I managed to get it overclocked to a stable 2114 MHz (after 30 min stress test). With that overclock applied and the radiator fan set to 48% the temp would climb up to 59 C and stay there. With the out of the box overclock it would boost up to 2050...
  10. F

Building a gaming PC

An overclocked GTX 1060 with minor mods hit 2,200 Mhz on air... not too bad! Would have been nice if he actually had an official driver to use with the overclocks though. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s2OLQntchWA ---------- Updated at 08:17 AM ---------- And an interesting comparison of GTX...
  11. F

Building a gaming PC

The Gigabyte is available for sale right now at that price. Gigabyte has also mentioned on their FB page they will not increase the price of their cards over MSRP like some of the other companies have been doing (ASUS, MSI, etc.). If you see a Gigabyte card listed for over MSRP it's the store...
  12. F

Building a gaming PC

Ah, previously you didn't link to PC Part Picker, you linked directly to the NCIXUS site. But regardless of what you linked my warning still applies: be careful where you purchase a new GPU from since currently many sites are selling them for way over MSRP (and getting away with it due to...
  13. F

Building a gaming PC

Yes, I'm 100% sure the price is correct which is why I linked you to the card on Newegg (which has the card for sale at MSRP without a markup). Be careful about shopping at stores like the one you posted (ncixus.com) because they are selling cards for much, much higher than MSRP.
  14. F

Building a gaming PC

Actually, what Mark said is a little misleading... he listed two different vendors, one of which has added significant markup to the Gigabyte XG 1070. The Gigabyte XG 1070 has an MSRP of $459.99 if the vendor doesn't add any additional markup ($40 more than the G1 model and same price as the MSI...
  15. F

Building a gaming PC

If you were to upgrade to the GTX 1070 and keep your current processor you should be able to maintain 60+ FPS in TW3 at 1440p resolution with high game settings (may have to disable hairworks or tweak other settings if you want to use hairworks). The GTX 1070 would be a massive upgrade from the...
Top Bottom