Recent content by GratuitousViolets

+
  1. G

Every time I play - there is always something new!

I ran into a quest I'd missed a few times because I hadn't gone immediately to meet Yen at an inn after another quest had ended. I think the quest was The Last Wish, and it was a nice surprise that I'd missed out on previously by leaving it too long to get to her. There's still things I'm...
  2. G

Triss won't stay

I read somewhere that for her to stay doesn't just depend on the kiss, saying you love her and asking her to stay, but also depends on using the right dialogue options in previous quests - such as whether Geralt dismisses any other character mentioning the past relationship he had with Triss by...
  3. G

Crows Perch attempted rape? *spoilers maybe?*

Thanks for all the replies. My baron luved and this happened. It was funny just finding it accidentally and made me wonder if I'd botched something weeks ago lol. I was always pissed I couldn't kill that sergeant. Knob face deserved death.
  4. G

Best character in video games, Bloody Baron

The Baron was by far one of the most fleshed out and interesting NPCs I have ever seen in a game. It's amazing how they can write him so very unlikeable and yet at the same time make him likeable and relatable, make us feel sorry for him despite all his mistakes, make us believe he is trying to...
  5. G

Crows Perch attempted rape? *spoilers maybe?*

Crows Perch attempted rape? *spoilers maybe?* I'm almost at end game for the third time and I don't remember hitting this scene before... I was returning to Crows Perch for a Gwent card check - there's a cottage with a scaffold just before you hit the archway that leads to the path up to the...
  6. G

[Mega SPOILERS] Immersion Destroyer.

Only immersion killer for me is when Philipa killed Radovid but the Redanian army still stomped about saying "long live Radovid" and the witch hunters continued to harass people...
  7. G

The Witcher 3's Dandelion

Hope Blood and Wine has more of Dandelion. I felt the story with him inheriting the Inn was just a way of tidily resolving his part of the story (as this is the final game) so that we, the fans, know he somewhat lived happily ever after and settled down and stopped being so flighty...
  8. G

Monsters in The Witcher 3

I thought er swamps were surprisingly quiet other than a grave hag, an occasional foglet or drowner. I remember fearing the swamps in the first game. Definitely needed more swamp monsters. For the most part, I think more bandits were in the game than monsters lol...
  9. G

Monsters in The Witcher 3

I miss the swamp monsters from the first game...those,bludzeiger things (or whatever they were called) and the ones that were like plants. Some of those were a pain, I hated them and yet I missed them in this fame. I thought the swamps missed them.
  10. G

Is it possible to turn off the shaking trees? It really bothers me

I like the wind effects myself - adds immersion in my opinion. But to each their own. I think perhaps there should be an option to turn off weather (unless it's linked up to a quest). Some people really seem to hate it and the way Geralt likes to comment on the weather lmao
  11. G

Newbie got attacked by wolfes and died

4. Regarding which potions for which monsters, check the beastiary. The categories are annoying to learn (relict, ogroid, etc) but luckily the game lets us access it during battle :) 5. Flowers may be for maids but a: you'll always have supply for potions and b: you can sell excess off to...
  12. G

Funny Glitches

Since HoS was installed ive had Geralt walking on air but weirdly crouched. Occasionally I still get Roach walking on two front legs with bum up in the air. I had a herd of drowners die and remain in yoga positions - I have screenshots somewhere I need to upload for that one. I keep happening...
  13. G

"How do you like that silver?"

Borrowing isn't the same as owning, he can only own a Roach, never borrow a Roach lol.
  14. G

What Keeps you Playing?

I've played every day since July and a, still finding things or quests I never knew about. I've played every day since July and am on second playtrough and am only 75% through. Insane. I explore on foot though to make the game longer and increase chances of finding things.
Top Bottom