Recent content by gurugeorge

+
  1. gurugeorge

Bring Back Breaching!

Ah, that's good to know! That's pretty big actually and might be worth the risk (and even that minor perk point bottom left on the tree). It's still a far cry from the original idea of having to breach before being able to hack at all, but it's good that there's still a nod to the concept in...
  2. gurugeorge

My favourite game, now dead

This. I think the changes are good, other than maybe being a bit too streamlined by the loss of Breaching as a mechanic (which I've just made a post about). Harder is good, and there's a reason the mods that CDPR have taken inspiration from were popular.
  3. gurugeorge

Bring Back Breaching!

I like the changes to netrunning in terms of effectiveness - things like the synergies between smart weapons and hacking are delicious. The trees are solid, etc. There's been no real loss of power other than in terms of comparison to the ridiculously OP Contagion builds of yore. The...
  4. gurugeorge

2.0 Non-lethal is now impossible

Yeah this seems a bit messy now. You still get the message about "non lethal gameplay" and "weapons being marked as non-lethal" when you pick up the Cyberpsycho quest, but none of the weapons (like batons) seem to be marked as non-lethal any more, and I just bonked a psycho to death with a...
  5. gurugeorge

The reason why the cyberpunk story I felt was not fun.

Again, why would anybody believe CDPR now? They have a lot of work to do to regain the kudos and credibility they once had.
  6. gurugeorge

A Predefined Protagonist & Character Creation Don't Work Together in Cyberpunk 2077

That you would never get to if you didn't call Judy and help her find Evelyn.
  7. gurugeorge

Gameplay overhaul mod

Definitely agreed that cyberware and modding should have handled a bigger chunk of the stat increases. For a cyberpunk game, the difference cyberware makes is pretty negligible for the most part. You get more oomph out of your pink hotpants :)
  8. gurugeorge

A Predefined Protagonist & Character Creation Don't Work Together in Cyberpunk 2077

Clouds/dolls leads to the Pacifica stuff, remember?
  9. gurugeorge

You explore the world in any RPG - both theme parks and sandboxes are ways of exploring a virtual world, one is just more focused, the other looser. But at every point you are discovering new things about the world, it's denizens, its history, etc. And the open world in CP2077 is somewhat...
  10. gurugeorge

Gameplay overhaul mod

I dunno, given that possibilities are there for the different resistances and a more rock/paper/scissors approach (now exploited by several mods), it seems like they did want to try something different at one point. Maybe they just shied away from it because it was a new thing for them and they...
  11. gurugeorge

The outcome of the story isn't predetermined, but your character's entire story after the heist revolves around your situation with Johnny. Even the other important characters (apart from River) revolve around the resolution of that story. Contrast with an RPG proper, where you explore the...
  12. gurugeorge

You're forgetting that it was never guaranteed that Keanu would agree to do the thing. Sure, Silverhand is in the lore, obviously (he's even cited as an inspirational character in the 2018 CC); but would Johnny have played as big a role without Keanu playing him? If he was in the game in...
  13. gurugeorge

The OP isn't just talking about the character creator per se but about the clash between the player's V and the game-imposed V: "The player is given the illusion they made their own character, but they didn't." And that's correct. The player has just made a slightly more bolshy or less bolshy...
  14. gurugeorge

A "few weeks" then, it doesn't matter to the point. The point is that sets up a very urgent feeling, far from the abstract "doom coming sometime soon" in the other games you mentioned. Of course some players aren't going to be particularly invested or care, but many players will be (I...
  15. gurugeorge

I don't think the OP really intended to restrict the term "appearance" to only the look of the flesh. If he did, that weakens his point a bit because it's pretty rare that physical looks (in the sense of beauty or ugliness, for example) have an impact on NPC response (Arcanum is one delightful...
Top Bottom