Recent content by ImprovizoR

+
  1. I

PC Hotfix is available!

Second hotfix fixes absolutely nothing on my end. The game still crashes constantly and stutters while it's running.
  2. I

Game crashes constantly

Same thing is happening to me since the hotfix. I can load the Dx11 exe and play for 2-3 minutes before crash, but only if I limit my framerate to 30fps. If I uncap it or set it to 60 or more, the game crashes in 1-3 seconds after loading. Dx12 flatout doesn't work, no matter what I try.
  3. I

PC Hotfix is available!

What the hell happened to GoG? Now my game doesn't recognize the DLC. It's the complete edition of the game. How is it even possible that the game doesn't recognize the DLC? Not to mention that I have to download the offline installer in order to be able to play the game in the first place. If...
  4. I

Bug Reports - Witcher 3 NextGen Version

I'm gonna pretend for a minute that the lack of HBAO+ in the next-gen version is a bug, and kindly ask for a fix.
  5. I

HBAO removed from game

One very simple question: where the hell is it? HBAO+ added so much depth to the visuals. Why take it out? I don't have an RTX card, and even if I did, it's unlikely that I'd be able to turn RT on and play the game with decent framerate since barely anyone can. Further, when I'm using Dx12...
  6. I

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt — Next-Gen Update Trailer and REDstreams summary

The biggest graphical update IMHO would come from improved lighting like the addition of global illumination. But does anyone know if the lighting updates are only based on ray-tracing or if they also added lighting enhancements that don't rely on ray-tracing? I don't have an RTX GPU yet.
  7. I

The movements of the witcher in battle. Can pirouettes be disabled?

Dude, it's a fantasy game and you're worried about realism. Besides, pirouettes are there because that's part of the witcher lore. Witchers do pirouettes.
  8. I

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt is coming to the next generation!

It likely won't. It's not a native part of the engine. And did you see Cyberpunk 2077 recommended specs? No mention of ray tracing, which means that the native rendering is still rasterization. Ray tracing is just an addon, basically. So no reason to think that it will be any different for an...
  9. I

I am not saying that both techniques are used at the same time by the same object that casts lighting. A banal example would be to add RTX only to one lamp in the game. The rest of the scene uses rasterization. But when you go to settings and turn on RTX, rasterization for that one lamp...
  10. I

Since when? The RTX effects makes changes to some aspects of lighting, not to the entire lighting system. There actually is such a thing as hybrid rendering, using rasterization and ray tracing. We've known about this for several years now. It involves keeping the part of the rasterized engine...
  11. I

No, it doesn't. It means that the effects supplement the existing lighting technique. You don't get to choose the lighting technique. You can only choose additional effects. Since these effects are used to create a more realistic looking scene, they "supplement" the lighting. The only game that...
  12. I

How do you still not understand this? It's simple: The game will most likely utilize the same lighting system that Cyberpunk 2077 utilizes. It's a more advanced form of lighting that we've seen in early Witcher 3 trailers, but it's also supplemented with ray tracing EFFECTS, not with ray...
  13. I

I wouldn't, and I'll elaborate further why. I know. It's exactly why I said that the lighting system won't be a fully ray traced lighting. Look at the way it works in Cyberpunk 2077. Lighting looks spectacular, but it's not ray traced lighting. Ray tracing is simply used to add aditional new...
  14. I

There's nothing about the hardware inside the new consoles that is specifically built to handle ray tracing. They're just very powerful and they support ray tracing. How ray tracing is implemented is up to the developers. And it takes time for them to learn how to adequately use the hardware...
  15. I

First of all, nobody said that lighting needs to be completely redone. They just have to bring back the lighting that existed prior to the release. And the reason is because ray tracing alone won't drastically change how the game looks. Unless they opt for a fully ray traced lighting. Which they...
Top Bottom