Recent content by inanimate_object

+
  1. I

'The bad ending' - may it be the intended ending in this game?

If we recap the possible endings for Geralt, I don't believe that to be the case. Each ending implies a fate for Geralt which is beyond the control of the player. Geralt may (a) settle down (b) continue as a Witcher (c) commit suicide. That one of these three choices is much more literal and...
  2. I

'The bad ending' - may it be the intended ending in this game?

On what grounds would you say that this "bad" ending is any less player-controlled than any other of Witcher 3's endings? If there is choice involved in other W3 endings, then by definition there must be choice in this "bad" one. To me there is never control. The player can't decide Geralt's...
  3. I

[SPOILER] The "bittersweet" ending might be totally misunderstood! (Witcher 4 speculation)

Tomice158 I still don't understand why you are continually missing the point. I am asking you why Ciri should be the protagonist. You are responding that Ciri CAN be the protagonist, and that it's very possibility is it's own justification. Do you realize that this strawman logic could be...
  4. I

[SPOILER] The "bittersweet" ending might be totally misunderstood! (Witcher 4 speculation)

This is absolutely true. I wonder how many people would want to play as Ciri when she's not the eye-candy that she is in Witcher? If she looked like one of the Crones, the support for her ascent to protagonist would be as silent as the grave. Some people who play this game have a weird...
  5. I

No chance for Geralt to change his first choice in relations with Triss and Yen

It's not a serious matter at all. The relationship idea in Witcher 3 is as follows: Say nice things to girl --> have sex with girl --> live with girl happily ever after Say nice things to multiple girls --> have sex with multiple girls --> live alone That's the entire depth of the...
  6. I

No chance for Geralt to change his first choice in relations with Triss and Yen

I don't understand at all how this romance concept in video games is ever a source of contention and/or outrage. You do realize it is a completely arbitrary and emotionless process right? Romance and relationships in video games are laughably dull and absurdly unrealistic. Your complaint is not...
  7. I

The Bittersweet Ending is actually a Bad Ending ... and it's All Geralt's Fault. [SPOILERS]

Exactly. People keep trying to retreat to the books to look for source-material justification. The games are fanfiction and the writers have taken the liberty to bend, twist and retcon the mythos of the novels where they deem it necessary. This conversation is a non-starter.
  8. I

As i said before, you aren't analyzing the story, your are promoting fanfiction. You have failed to provide any substantial proof as to why a Witcher 4 sequel starring Ciri is a "smartly hidden backdoor" from the end of Witcher 3. You are only focused on the idea that such an idea is possible...
  9. I

The Witcher Saga future ...

I hope to god that the Witcher series takes a good long break. 3 games is enough for a while. I'd rather that a small studio focus their creative efforts on new projects rather than focusing resources into an already established product. Let's say a typical development cycle is 5 years to 1...
  10. I

This is not at all your original post, nor what I was addressing. In your OP you go to state that Witcher 3's ending is misunderstood and that it is in fact a clever set up for a sequel starring Ciri (lets put aside the gigantic dose of speculation here). You have no arguments for this theory...
  11. I

I don't mean it to be insulting, but it seems very obvious to me that you are suggesting a continuation of the story that is riddled with indulgence. I have several small nieces who epitomize the behaviour of loving a certain story or fictional character and fantasize in their own heads how the...
  12. I

You do realize that you are exhibiting all the symptoms of the deluded fanboys from other popular series such as Lord of the Rings and Harry Potter who scrounge around for an iota of proof that a continuation of a story is possible therefore justified? Moreover, in their desire (in your case it...
  13. I

Again, you are doing nothing but presuming to know the author's intent on how they created Ciri and why YOUR idea of a Witcher 4 is creatively sound and promoted by material you had no hand in making. And it is absurd to suggest Ciri's lineage is not the most seminal and defining part of her...
  14. I

No you were promoting logic as to why there should be a Witcher 4 starring Ciri and gave evidence in support of this as if you knew what the intention of the writers was. You could make the same argument that the children's Harry Potter book series should continue as Harry Potter's story is...
Top Bottom