Recent content by jamai36

+
  1. J

Ranked Update

New MMR System... ? In less than 24 hours I have risen over 900 MMR and am right on the cusp of Rank 17. This doesn't feel right. I know that it will take time to adjust expectations as two days ago Rank 17 was a solid accomplishment and now it seems Rank 17 is more or less just a rating you...
  2. J

So is matchmaking still screwed or have that many people quit already?

I have beaten top 100 players (tied the #1 player atm) and lost to rank 5s running Geralt. It's a card game. No one wins all of their games at any level - anything is possible.
  3. J

Game wont update

Yes uninstall/reinstall fixes the issue. I think it had to do with the bug I eventually got in Gwent last patch where I'd have to reload GOG every time I wanted to play.
  4. J

The Ranking System and its Shortcomings (MMR/ELO/Rating)

The casual MMR is dubious at best. I routinely face players from rank 5 to 19. I can't think of a bigger variance really. I believe there is something used, but no matter what it is it can't have a very meaningful impact on how it matches.
  5. J

Quit hating and embrace the bears!!!!!

That is not how most ccg metas function. A healthy meta is very attainable and realistic - CDPR is still learning how to patch their game. It takes a lot of experience and a bit of luck to nail a fun meta - both of which they did not have this time around. With time they will improve.
  6. J

Getting Restless

I can confirm that this is a common situation with games that are on both xbox and playstation as well as PC. Unlike pcs, console are governed by a central body - be it nintendo, sony or microsoft. I looked into it and it is largely there to prevent a disastrous patch such as the one that EVE...
  7. J

Fix Skellige! 90% of the People are Only Playing That

Decided to play more today - I am now 100% done with the game for now. I just felt I didn't have enough of a sample size. I am also a really, really stubborn person. Went 2-11 against SK today. That is 2-19 in the last two days. About 75% of those games weren't even remotely close. I have...
  8. J

Take those sniper rifles away. [Bears and Lore]

In all seriousness it would be an interesting change to bear if it was agile and only hit units in the opposing row. The power could even be buffed a bit to compensate. It would add some much needed depth to the card.
  9. J

State of ST - How we got here and what can be done

When I re-started Gwent in the OB I spent awhile looking at the factions, deciding which one I would play. I was drawn to ST primarily just because.. they're the outcasts? They're green? I also liked the nature theme and am always drawn to nature themes in card games. So - ST is was. Dwarf...
  10. J

Do we really want "Balance"

Balance is definitely tricky, and CDPR is a newer company when it comes to balance. It really is an artform and I have a feeling they don't have as complex a system for collecting meaningful data that companies like Blizzard, Valve and Riot have. It's still a Work In Progress, The biggest...
  11. J

Fix Skellige! 90% of the People are Only Playing That

Before the Open Beta? Crach has been king of the roost at the top MMR for almost the entirety of the open beta, Anyone who said that doesn't follow Gwent. Yes last patch was a lot more balanced but Crach has been a common fixation at the top since the first week of OB ended. CDPR listened too...
  12. J

Northern Realms OP

NR may be the only faction in a good place currently. They have multiple archetypes with all three leaders seeing play (though mostly Foltest). As far as power level goes: Most to least powerful in my opinion: 1. SK - The dominant faction obviously 2. MO - Almost as strong as SK but held back...
  13. J

Did something big happen in the last 3 - 5 days?

Your deck may just be a bit outdated? The meta is still shifting as the patch was only out last week right? It could also just be luck. I haven't updated my list in 3-4 days but that's because it still works against the current meta, perhaps your deck needs a tune-up.
  14. J

[POLL] What faction ban request will flood forum next?

I picked Monsters but I could really see every faction as the next OP faction, though NG would be the least likely. Monsters - Dagon/Eredin nerfed but OOPS! Unseen Elder was actually really good but was being held back by Bears/Axemen Northern Realms - Off the radar and underused just enough to...
  15. J

Yet another broad complaints thread - "things wrong with gwent."

@OP It's odd you compared HS to Gwent in terms of the amount of time it takes to anaylze a move. There are generally many more considerations in Gwent than HS. The only times HS catches up to Gwent is if the match develops an extremely complex board state late game, which doesn't always...
Top Bottom