Recent content by jebrick

+
  1. J

The loot of Cyberpunk 2077

I think half the fun of the PnP game is watching the players grab some dead bodies and take them to a ripper doc for their cybernetics.
  2. J

Netrunning and You.

I could see a Net like SnowCrash for somethings but a more wireframe set for hacking. I think the Netrunning from the 2020 game is almost a game within a game. I thought the NetRunner card game worked out well to handle a run against an entity like a corporation or business.
  3. J

Upper Limit of Tech

If you get a hold of military equipment then some company like Militech might want ti back and they have more of them. It would be cool for a one shot mission but the companies will not want a loose cannon with military hardware.
  4. J

Cyberpsychosis and you: how should it be implemented?

IIRC ( been a long time since I played the PnP) the therapy also involved REMOVING cybernetics to try and bring the Empathy back. The woman in the trailer is probably a good example of EMP 1. She gets lucky and the Phyco squad picks her up for therapy. They might remove those scythe blades...
  5. J

What Cybernetics do you want to see in the game?

I would stay away from full body replacements at the start. I think all of the cosmetic stuff should be there. The glowing tattoos. Custom eyes. Light up hair. I would like to see them expand on the nanotech. They were able to do some cool things without much of a loss of humanity. I...
  6. J

Multiplayer Thread - Competitive and/or Co-Op.

They must consider it from the beginning. Otherwise it will be very very hard to change it later on. There are several MMOs that I can think of that have mixed the solo play with teaming. The Secret World can be soloed for almost all the content. Only the "dungeons" are team adventures. You...
  7. J

Cyberpunk 2077 - Your Ideas For A Dream RPG

I like this too. It is difficult in that a character is either expected/forced to team and the character class has built in weaknesses that are compensated by other archtypes. Or everyone can solo through and teaming up becomes a rough balancing act for the skill interactions. There is no...
  8. J

Let's talk Cyberpunk 2077 classes/roles

All depends on if the game play will keep the holy trinity (Tank/Healer/DPS). Let take the most basic set up of having archtypes which is what the roles are. I will assume the game will be mostly solo play from the above comment.. Solo/Nomad/Cop could all start from a combat archtype and then...
  9. J

Let's talk Cyberpunk 2077 classes/roles

The tricky part for the roles will be how they can interact as a team. Trying to move away from the Tank/healer/DPS will be good. Everyone can have guns, solos are just better at it. The out of combat will be interesting since, with the exception of solo, cop and nomad, most of the other...
Top Bottom