Recent content by Jimbob_2.1

+
  1. J

Please let us talk to people in game

Please let us talk to people in game I haven't been following Gwent as closely as I did Witcher 3 so forgive me if I'm wrong but there doesn't appear to be a way to talk to people in game and I think that would be a huge omission on CDPR's part So I never really used to care about this feature...
  2. J

Cyberpunk Soundtrack

Been listening to this whilst I play duelyst (free to play multiplayer stratagy/card game) 'cause I quickly got bored of the original soundtrack.I'm not really familiar with cyberpunk but the songs have cyberpunk pictures that go along with them so they're probably not far off...
  3. J

Big development teams vs smaller ones

Big development teams vs smaller ones I read a blog post by an ex-Ubisoft dev the other day. I can't link it at this time as I have no idea where I read it but I'll give you a summary (there could very well be inaccurracies. half way through my post I decide to google it and found the bloody...
  4. J

Combining Story with Gameplay

xxTotexx Well they do have an exellent track record of improving on past titles so I'm not worried about this being worse than Witcher 3. But there's no harm in talking about things we'd like to see and for me this is something that could take it from game of the year (which I've kind of come to...
  5. J

Combining Story with Gameplay

Combining Story with Gameplay So I was just in bed when I started thinking about story telling in video games (man, I need to find some other interests). And I just know I won't get to sleep untill I go through some things Something that bothers me is how so few single player, tripple A games...
  6. J

The (Open) Game World Discussion!

Don't mean to derail the thread but what open world rpg do you think has the best quest structure because I'd quite like to play that game.
  7. J

The (Open) Game World Discussion!

The witcher 3 is more than big enough for me thank you very much. They should focus on depth rather size. You don't need to have a bigger world if it's constantly changing based on your decisions and if you have good reasons for revisiting old areas. Instead of moving on to a new area just...
  8. J

[DISCUSSION] Witcher 3 - Reviews

That fucking Metro review.:facepalm: It was fine until the whole misogyny thing. They criticise the portrayal of women in the first two games, which I disagree with but can just about understand. But then they don't mind all the tits and ass, and brothels (which by all accounts is back in...
  9. J

Do you care about reviews?

For the Witcher 3? No, I already know more than I need to in order to buy it. In general? Yes I do. I don,t tend to read the opinion of some 'random guy on the internet' though unless Im interested about how well a game is received. This can be because I really want it to succeed (Witcher 3) or...
  10. J

Is this game too good to be true?

Well if your worried CDPR have lied to us you'll only have to wait a couple of days to find out review embargo lifts in a few days. I don't think they would purposefully lie but maybe some things won't have as much of an impact as you might expect or the execution of some features might be off...
  11. J

Starting The Witcher Series with the third entry

Try to remember that not everyone has a way to play the previous games play (play station gamers mostly). Also the Witcher is mainstream now, even more casual gamers, who only buy the biggest triple a games are looking forward to this game. Many of whom wouldn't have the patience for older or...
  12. J

So uhm... dice poker is no longer in?

Edit: missed the explanation anyone care to translate? never mind, google translate worked well enough Looks like it was reason one more or less Dice poker was a badly designed game IMO. I didn't play it much in the second game but in W1 it was almost entirely luck, the cool thing about poker...
  13. J

Witcher 3 News [LINKS & DISCUSSION]

40 second loading times in this game really isn't so bad. Most of the loading screens you'll encounter are when you die and i can't see that being anything more than a minor annoyance. In a game like bloodborne, where you can potentially die every couple of minutes, that can be infuriating. How...
  14. J

Witcher 3 News [LINKS & DISCUSSION]

Can anyone tell me if hair works is enabled in Jesse's video? I just told some guy on YT that it wasn't enabled because that's what Gopher said but damn, the hair looks really good and now I'm not so sure. I don't have a keen eye for graphics (and I don't know what to look for) so It's hard for...
  15. J

The Witcher 3 Alchemy System

Just changed my post, It works slightly differently to how I remembered, but it's still the same principle
Top Bottom