Recent content by John_Russell

+
  1. John_Russell

The witcher 3 next-gen ray tracing performance issue: unnecessary use of large amount of shared vram causing FPS drop

I don't think there is going to be a "next patch" since it's been over 8 months since the 4.04 patch ..... This looks to be as good as it ever is going to get
  2. John_Russell

Ray tracing issues

Could be a CPU issue, the threading is still utter garbage in this game and especially in Novigrad you'll be severely CPU bottlenecked because it's trying to run everything on one or two threads. This is a problem only the developers can fix because we don't have access to the game engine's...
  3. John_Russell

Demand for The Witcher 3 NG++

I find you get better results if you request something rather than demand it ...... I don't know about you but when someone demands I do something they usually get a middle finger in their face unless it is law enforcement
  4. John_Russell

Game crashes when I equip something

I didn't have this problem until I started using Frame Generation but I've found that after making or upgrading an armor set that if I go to another cell or area of the game before I put the armor on or add additional runes if I'm already wearing the armor then I don't crash. If I do it at the...
  5. John_Russell

Saved games not appearing.

This is a problem with the latest Steam update not the game itself .... GOG versions are just fine
  6. John_Russell

*Spoilers I guess?* Ghosts of the Past console name? Trying to "fix" a problem.

The only sure way to get Letho is when you start a new game choose to be asked questions by Morvran Voorhis at Vizima instead of importing a save and then answer the questions they way you played Witcher 2 or in fact any way you want. He asks you 5 questions Whether or not you killed Arjan...
  7. John_Russell

Witcher 3 NG Ray Tracing - GPU PCI-E Bus / VRAM Overload cause of FPS drop/stuttering issue - FIX'ed!

Nvidia already has good VRAM management and also a suite of tools for VRAM management that covers textures, meshes and Ray Tracing The problem is these tools aren't properly being used by CDPR to optimize graphics memory ..... Cyberpunk is proof of that because there they do use these tools...
  8. John_Russell

We're working on an editor for The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt!

What changed? The Red Engine is now officially retired with the release of Phantom Liberty would be my educated guess.
  9. John_Russell

I can't even DOWNLOAD patch 4.04 ? :/ (GOG Galaxy)

Just uninstall the game and then reinstall it. It won't touch any of your saves or your user and profile settings so when you reinstall it should save most of your game settings if not all of them so you should be able to just start it up and play from where you left off. The reason you need so...
  10. John_Russell

We're working on an editor for The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt!

Likely PC only because the PC version has a compile at runtime scripting engine that senses when changes are made and then recompiles the scripts. The console version likely have the scripts "pre-baked" and they can't be easily changed. When they added all the PC mods to Next Gen that wasn't for...
  11. John_Russell

CP77 deactivate my GC

One thing you can try is when you black screen try doing a soft reboot of the GC drivers Hold down the left Shift key, Ctrl key, and Windows key and then hit the B key. You can try it out at the desktop first before you have a problem so you can see how it works.
  12. John_Russell

Development over for Witcher 3 Next Gen?

Sure looks that way according to CDPR themselves. Witcher 3 Next Gen is the brown and there is no brown in the July 31 bar chart https://www.videogameschronicle.com/files/2023/08/cd-projekt-development-teams.jpg
  13. John_Russell

Problems with Yennerfers Body like a neckseam from Skyrim ( next gen 4.04)

Don't blame CDPR for something you did or a mod you are using did because I'm not having this problem and it doesn't seem like anyone else is either and I'm using 119 mods according to Script Merger
  14. John_Russell

[4.04] - Crashes crashes and more crashes with DX12...

There is a more recent BIOS for your MB and it says this in the description "Improved memory OC rule and compatibility. " Which would be your XMP profiles for your RAM and could possibly make your XMP memory overclock more stable
  15. John_Russell

Broken Quest/Contract - Deadly Delights

It looks pretty sparsely populated compared to normal. That area usually has a ton of NPC's and soldiers bustling around. Is your Character Density set too low? Maybe try bumping it up a notch or even just changing it, quit out of the game, restart and reset it again. I don't know exactly how...
Top Bottom