Recent content by johnjsal

+
  1. J

TW2: When/how do critical effect bonuses get applied?

Yeah, I was disappointed that I had to choose one of these three to advance, because none of them seem all that useful, but I chose Finesse because it seemed the most general of the three and affects more types of crits than the other two, albeit in a different way apparently (i.e. not a 5%...
  2. J

Thank you! Not quite as powerful as I thought, but I guess it's something. :)
  3. J

TW2: When/how do critical effect bonuses get applied? I just put a second point into Whirlwind, which is supposed to give +20% to critical effect chances. However, when I checked my statistics, I noticed that all of my critical effects were still listed as 0%. I assumed this was because I...
  4. J

TW2: What do these game features mean?

That's exactly what I thought, until I encountered that example I gave above. The yellow line actually didn't do much, and the white ones were the two options that were a "point of no return," so to speak. That's mainly what prompted me to ask this question. I was confused by how the colors...
  5. J

Thanks. I figured the green dots were quest-related, but sometimes I see them and the NPCs don't actually say or do anything. As for the dialogue, what do you mean "proceed from the current menu"? Do you mean it opens up new dialogue options? I've seen that happen, but I didn't notice if it was...
  6. J

TW2: What do these game features mean? I've tried figuring them out myself, but just when I think I know what they do, I find an exception that doesn't make sense. So I'll just list them: 1. What are the blue and green dots that appear on the minimap? 2. What is the difference between dialogue...
  7. J

TW2: What does the second point in Parrying do?

Also, what does a single point in Parrying do in terms of damage reduction?
  8. J

TW2: What does the second point in Parrying do?

TW2: What does the second point in Parrying do? The in-game description says it reduces damage from parrying by 100% when you have a full vigor bar. But what does it do if the vigor bar is not full? Thanks.
  9. J

TW2: Should I go all Swordsman first, or branch into Magic earlier?

Bleh, I hate relying on bombs and daggers. It's fine as a supplement, but I don't want the outcomes of my fights to be determined by those things. I'm supposed to be a *swords*man for crying out loud!
  10. J

TW2: Should I go all Swordsman first, or branch into Magic earlier?

TW2: Should I go all Swordsman first, or branch into Magic earlier? My first three talent points were spent on Position > Violence > Whirl, and now that I've hit level 11, I'm wondering if I should continue down this path until I get Combat Acument (and perhaps Whirlwind), or if I should make a...
  11. J

TW2: Which is the best prereq for Invincible?

TW2: Which is the best prereq for Invincible? I need to choose between Precision, Finesse, and Sudden Death, and none of them seem all that useful. In fact, until I realized I needed one to advance to Combat Acumen, I had decided to skip all three. I also read that in order to take advantage...
  12. J

[GENERAL] Romance between Geralt and Shani

And besides, simply picking up the romance storyline in the sequel doesn't necessarily mean that Geralt will *end up* with Shani or Triss, thus violating sacred canon. :) He might ultimately choose not to be with them, but it would just be a way to close out that story path.
  13. J

[GENERAL] Romance between Geralt and Shani

But just to be clear, I don't have a problem with the existence of the romance story in the game in general. What my original post was complaining about was that as soon as you send Alvin to Shani (and apparently Triss too), you are thrust into a romance without having much of a say in it. And...
  14. J

Just finished The Witcher (also, how long are the expansions?)

I just don't think it would be different enough to warrant another play through. Maybe if you could play a different character/class, etc. But a few different choices and cutscenes aren't enough to make me want to spend another week or two on the whole game.
Top Bottom